Monogram 1/48 F-84F

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Monogram 1/48 F-84F

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Looks good to me.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Carlos, that is really coming along nicely. Looks great.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Two main speed bumps that hit- the USAF decal broke apart into individual letters, and then those began to break up. So I had to stop and coat each decal on the sheet with Microscale Liquid Decal Film and let that dry. Also, due to age I believe, the decals are taking longer than normal to soak free of the backing paper, so once I resumed the process, it went far more slowly than I had estimated.
The reassembly of the underwing USAF did not happen perfectly, so there are some problems there. But seeing how it’s the bottom of the wing, I’m not going to fret on that point. I’ll use a fine tip paint pen to repair the breaks as best I can.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Carlos, I've encountered the same issue with liquid film-treated decals, especially older ones. I found that increasing the temperature of the soaking water really helped. I kept a small saucepan on a hot-plate at just below a simmer, irrc.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Gary.

I use a fresh jar of hot tap water for every session. As hot as I can stand without blistering my fingers. Todays session went more smoothly with yesterday’s lessons in mind…

Today I got all the rest of the aircraft decals on, and just need to decal the Mk.7 Bomb now. After it gets one more airbrush session.

I love the red squadron markings…

Now it’s nearing the finish line!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Looking really sharp!
Thanks,
John
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Man that looks great Stik!!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

John and Mike, thanks. I’ve just got some fine tuning to do on it and then get this all wrapped up.

FLSM
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

That's looking great Stik! :shoutout:
For some reason, I thought you were doing a thunderbird scheme? Did I miss something or just make a misguided assumption at some point?
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Chris, maybe you saw that I had picked up the Thunderbird boxing of this kit earlier this year and got that one confused with this one. I do plan on doing that kit one day as a Thunderbird. But this one was always intended as a regular service aircraft. I did however change unit choices from a US based aircraft to a UK based aircraft, since those were the ones that performed the nuclear alert role. I wanted to use the Mk. 7 bomb that came in this kit.

FLSM

Return to “W.I.P. Monogram Mafia”