Stik's Workshop

Show us where you work and what kits you have.
-Latest Acquisitions
Stikpusher

Stik's Workshop

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, after 3 1/2 years of owning this new build home, and multiple delays for one reason or another, we finally have the garage portion completed. I had cabinets put in to hold the remainder of my stash and other things, plus I replaced the workbench that I had inherited from my late stepfather in law and had been using for the past several decades

my work bench

stash on the left, compressor and other items on the right

Stash cabinets, plus other items...

let the building commence!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Stik's Workshop

Post by keavdog »

Looks great. I had my floor done and cabinets installed as well. Sure cleans up the garage. So you have AC in your garage? Why type of unit?
Thanks,
John
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Looks good!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Lyle!

John, I have a split AC unit made by Daikin for the garage. A necessity here to work in there during the summer heat. My wife researched them before we decided on which one to go with.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Oh good. You answered my question before I asked it. Looks great!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Mike. Your question was about AC?

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Yep! I've seen how hot if gets there.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

It is the Sonora desert here... when we first moved here in 2020 it was one of the hottest summers on record locally... over 100 days of 100*+ heat... and not much of a monsoon that summer. The last two summers have been better here.

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I got here around 3:00PM July 8th 2022 and it was 115 for a week straight! I had this crazy goal of getting the U-Haul trailer returned before closing. I quickly learned to get out of the sun, drink water and take a minute. I got it all unloaded and returned the trailer by 5 - saved 23$ lol. I've been in the heat before but it seems like the sky is thinner out here and the sun just cooks you like a broiler. That said - all manageable and the rest of the year has been fantastic, I mean really fantastic.
My interest in the AC is if it gets too hot in the garage for the models. I paid for the insulation in the garage so we'll see.

I'm working with a dude to put a vent for my paint station. Looking at the AC units it looks like about the same amount of work. I'm in a wait and see position. BTW airbrushed last night for the first time in a year!
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

FLSM

Return to “Your Work Bench and Stash”