AMT 1970 Corvette LT-1-Interior Startup-10/05

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
LyleW
Admin

Re: AMT 1970 Corvette LT-1-Engine Completed-07/16

Post by LyleW »

UPC bar code? Please explain! It isn't clicking today. That engine looks marvelous!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

That engine looks bad-*ssed! :shoutout: Ingenious use of that barcode! :bow:
Stikpusher

Re: AMT 1970 Corvette LT-1

Post by Stikpusher »

mustang1989 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:32 am Thanks fellas. I managed to get the engine completed. After toying around with the air filter element some, I decided to go with a upc bar code printed up and cut to fit.

:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

Looking great!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Gary Brantley wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:40 am That engine looks bad-*ssed! :shoutout: Ingenious use of that barcode! :bow:
Thanks Gary. Been a bit since I've been on here so I'll need to catch up to the point that I'm at now on it.

Progress on the interior. My OTHER favorite part of auto building. If there's one thing I cannot STAND it's molded in foot pedals. They just look so dang fake!! The fix......is to remove the toe board on the drivers side.

I cut a thin piece of clear Evergreen plastic this morning and glued it into place. After that I cut the same shape from some sandpaper so the floor carpeting wouldn't be lost and adhered that on top of the clear panel. I'll be hitting the sandpaper with some gloss to give everything a uniform base to start with and then we'll be going with the color. I'll be going with a black interior but it won't be boring.

Something else that caught my attention was the molded in park brake handle. This........will change. :headslap:

And lastly....there'll be a few items from this sheet ending up in the interior. Thank God for The MCG.....

Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Re: AMT 1970 Corvette LT-1-Interior Startup-10/05

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Beautiful :shock: :bow: :bow: :bow:
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”