game cam drama

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stikpusher

Re: game cam drama

Post by Stikpusher »

I’m sure that you’ve heard the packs out there, singing their song…
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Yes sir. I wish they would step-up their game though. They could be killing and eating more rats and mice. My Kubota tractor is in the shop right now, up in Temple at the dealer to have the wiring harness replaced. Yes, the rats and mice had eaten it away and I was unable to operate the tractor. I keep rat poison out there but apparently not enough.

Now, I am preparing to wage Jihad against the rodent population. I have built a drowning trap from a 7 gallon plastic bucket, am ordering two electronic devices that repel rodents (hooked to the battery), buying a big-*ss jug of peppermint oil spray (big-time rat repellant apparently) and stuffing the underhood and dashboard cowling with mothball-filled old socks. And, I have a friend who is collecting stray cats in live traps to move them out there. I'll leave cat food for them at first in hopes they don't run away, and then I'll taper that off and let them hunt for their keep. Good luck to them versus the coyotes and other scary varmints! Good news is, they are easy to replace! The IDF assault on Gaza ain't got nuthin' on me! :grin:

And, I guess I'll be parking the tractor back outside again. You see, when we first bought it in September 2016, we had to park it beneath the oak trees. Then, we had a 25'x25' metal shed built in 2021, so we could keep it out of the weather. Ironic isn't it? We had no problems until we tried to "protect" it...now, we're out $3,000 because of that, as the rats thrived under that dark covered shed.

Yes sir, you read that right...three grand worth of rodent problems-$1700 for labor (@10 hours' worth) and $1200 for the harness. That was a tough phone call to take,..but, those rats will pay. :wink:

Here's a pic showing the shed with the tractor parked in its space. I guess that space will now house the cats!

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Time to pull up chair and a rifle and have a turkey shoot like they did in the Marianas Island during WW2. :giggles:

I had squirrel eat the seat of my rider tractor in my shed last year. Then I had a Captain Kangaroo moment when I moved a long board overhead. Yup.... a big ol' stash of pine cones the damn squirrel was storing for the upcoming winter. Took care of that problem ASAP. Didn't find the squirrel hiding in the shed though.... LOL!
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

BlackSheep214 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:09 am Time to pull up chair and a rifle and have a turkey shoot like they did in the Marianas Island during WW2. :giggles:

:lol: Sure enough, I would shoot holes all through that shed. :wink: I hate squirrels, too! :grin:

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Squirrels don’t bother me much. This past spring, I had new shed doors put on and had any damaged sidings repaired. I don’t anticipate any squirrels staking my shed as a winters home any time soon.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

BlackSheep214 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:18 pm Squirrels don’t bother me much.
How do you like them cooked? My Mom would pan fry the ones my Dad killed when I was a kid. She made "squirrel and gravy" when he went hunting. I can still remember holding the pieces and eating the meat off the little bones. As I recall, it was pretty good tucker! And almost free! :grin: My wife says they are too close to a rat for her to eat them...she's about right too, I reckon. :wink: :lol:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Just tell her it was a small chicken.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

And it tastes like chicken…. :giggles: :whistle:

Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

BlackSheep214 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:26 pm And it tastes like chicken…. :giggles: :whistle:
Whatchootalkinbout Willis? :lol:

These don't look like chicken to me. Roasted Indonesian rats! Yum yum... :tease:

Get some over in Vietnam too...

Hell, I'm seeing a business opportunity unfolding before my very eyes! I've got a couple BBQ grilles... :wink:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Mmmmmmmm-mmmm. Crispy!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..

Return to “Free Discussion”