Hasegawa 1/32 Ki-61 I Tei Hien

Post your completed aircraft here.
jkim
Elite Member

Hasegawa 1/32 Ki-61 I Tei Hien

Post by jkim »

This is my recently completed build of the Hasegawa 1/32 Ki-61 I kit converted to a Tei variant. I used the Wolf Pack conversion set, which featured a lengthened resin nose and other bits. Also used on this build was the Aires resin cockpit set. Most of the markings, including the tail emblems, were painted using custom masks produced on the Silhouette Portrait cutter.

The build, from start to finish, can be found at the following link:
https://www.spamodeler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6225

John aka JKim
-----------<><
jkim
Elite Member

Re: Hasegawa 1/32 Ki-61 I Tei Hien

Post by jkim »

A few more pics...

John aka JKim
-----------<><
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Another amazing build John. Can't wait for your next build - so fun to follow along. Just great museum quality models - I'm so glad you here to share all these incredible builds with us.
Thanks,
John
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

That is a hyper-realistic result, John! :shocked: Just amazing and a beautiful model, please, take a bow for this exquisite work! :bow:
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Exquisite work John! You have created another gorgeous build with this one. Not merely an excellent overall looking project, but so many subtleties within to see and admire.
:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

That is a world class model! Superb.
ImageImageImageImageImage
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I'm have been, and still am, in awe of your builds. Perfect renditions of a WWII aircraft every time. :bow: :bow: :bow:
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Incredible work and eye catching. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
jkim
Elite Member

Post by jkim »

keavdog wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:03 pm Another amazing build John. Can't wait for your next build - so fun to follow along. Just great museum quality models - I'm so glad you here to share all these incredible builds with us.
Thanks for following the build, John and for your gracious comments! I have fun sharing my builds so win-win!

Gary Brantley wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:22 pm That is a hyper-realistic result, John! :shocked: Just amazing and a beautiful model, please, take a bow for this exquisite work! :bow:
Thank you so much Gary! I actually feel like I rushed to get this one over the finish line so that I could get on a new project. It's a great time to be in this hobby as there are so many great new kits coming out.

Stikpusher wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:15 pm Exquisite work John! You have created another gorgeous build with this one. Not merely an excellent overall looking project, but so many subtleties within to see and admire.
:shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Thank you Carlos! I appreciate the kind words!

BorgR3mc0 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:05 pm That is a world class model! Superb.
Thank you Borg! Appreciate it!

tempestjohnny wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 2:50 am I'm have been, and still am, in awe of your builds. Perfect renditions of a WWII aircraft every time. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Thank you Johnny! I guess if you build enough of them, you start getting decent at it. You'd think I'd be running out of subjects by now but great new kits keep coming out!

BlackSheep214 wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:00 pm Incredible work and eye catching. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Thank you Tom! Always a pleasure sharing my work with all of you!
John aka JKim
-----------<><
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Absolutely gorgeous work!! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Completed Builds”