second entry

LyleW
Admin

Re: second entry

Post by LyleW »

keavdog wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:37 pm Build her wheels up and fill in the wells - I've done that before.
mustang1989 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:43 pm Dag gonit I think Lyle's gonna get through a build. :giggles:

Thanks for the hopeful wishes!

Sorry about the gear door blues Lyle but she's lookin' good so far man.
Well, there are options down the road. I had two of the 1/48 Scooters is the stash, so …
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

This thing is really deciding to fight to the end. That and my hnnds are stiff. Oh well.
Here are a couple of update pics. I will be glad to get this done, just to finish up one. I am not going to do the stencil markings, my eyes are watering like crazy (allergies) and my hands are too stiff. Still need the weapons, fuel tanks and main gear. The decvals for the most part, except a couple of tiny pieces, printed from a scanned image, printed on clear waterslide paper. I did not gloss coat and things seem to have stayed attached.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:33 am Well, true to form, I have either misplaced (or they were not in the kit - it was used) the gear doors, part # 61 and #16 ....

I have spares from another kit, but if anyone has a donor kit from which they could rob these, I'd gladly let you and pay postage. I'm gonna look around and see what i can find.

Thanks!
Do you have access to casting or 3-D printing? Somebody could create replacement doors by either of those methods. Or scratch build some from sheet and channel styrene.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

No 3D, but I have casting material. If Floki was active, I'd ask him to make some. (Hope he is well). They don't look too difficult to make something that will work from what Ihave around. For the most part, they will not be too visible. It will likely be a bit before it is needed. I have plenty to get out of the way!

AND, she is a tail sitter. Big time. Should have guessed that.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

DONE...or it is going in the trash..sheesh. tooth and nail. Because of things, I decided to not add the bombs/missles, but did add the racks. For the layoff and how rusty I am, I am so-so happy with it. It will be fine on the shelf.

Number two is done for th Monogram Mafia...

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Nice finish Lyle! The Skyhawk is now made, and so are you 😉 The scooter looks good. Nothing wrong with no weapons aboard. That’s how they usually returned to the ship.😏

Fire off a message to Clint/Floki and see how he’s doing.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Way to power through Lyle. Looks like a scooter! On the shelf she goes and on to the next.
Thanks,
John

Return to “W.I.P. Monogram Mafia”