second entry

tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Re: second entry

Post by tempestjohnny »

Gary Brantley wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:22 am That's a good choice. :shoutout: I look forward to updates as you progress through this, Lyle!

I've had the 1/48 Monogram OA-4M kit since the late '80s. I love how the aircraft looks and it seems to be a nice kit but painting those gear doors with the red edges just scares me every time I try one. :grin:
Gary use a red sharpie for the gear doors
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Great idea. I hate doing those gear doors - going to try that one.
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Sharpie does make paint pens, since regular ink in a Sharpie pen fades over time.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

tempestjohnny wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:22 pm
Gary Brantley wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:22 am That's a good choice. :shoutout: I look forward to updates as you progress through this, Lyle!

I've had the 1/48 Monogram OA-4M kit since the late '80s. I love how the aircraft looks and it seems to be a nice kit but painting those gear doors with the red edges just scares me every time I try one. :grin:
Gary use a red sharpie for the gear doors
Thanks,TJ! That's been my go-to way for doing those in the past. Sometimes, it works well for me, but sometimes...well, see below:
Stikpusher wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 10:47 pm Sharpie does make paint pens, since regular ink in a Sharpie pen fades over time.
That has been an issue in the past. The red ink doesn't really look "red" on some applications, the red paint pen sounds like a good idea to try too. I'll try a search on Amazon for one! Good tip, Carlos! :shoutout:
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Look in Hobby Lobby. You might find them there. I got mine at HL.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

Nice Choice Lyle. What everyone else said! Looking forward to seeing the final result!
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

cbaltrin wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:56 am Nice Choice Lyle. What everyone else said! Looking forward to seeing the final result!
Wait I'm confused, I see I replied to the first thread and not the latest one :bag: At any rate, it still goes! Hey I'm late on my P-51B as well Lyle ... :bag:
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Well, true to form, I have either misplaced (or they were not in the kit - it was used) the gear doors, part # 61 and #16 ....

I have spares from another kit, but if anyone has a donor kit from which they could rob these, I'd gladly let you and pay postage. I'm gonna look around and see what i can find.

Thanks!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

Dag gonit I think Lyle's gonna get through a build. :giggles:

Sorry about the gear door blues Lyle but she's lookin' good so far man.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Build her wheels up and fill in the wells - I've done that before.
Thanks,
John

Return to “W.I.P. Monogram Mafia”