The Longest Day Beachmaster

Here is the place to show of your completed figurine and diorama product.
Stikpusher

The Longest Day Beachmaster

Post by Stikpusher »

I finished this one up at the beginning of this week and now have some halfway decent photos. It is a vignette by Scale Model Accessories in 1/35 resin from the movie The Longest Day of the Sword Beach Royal Navy Beachmaster, Capt. Colin Maud, played by actor Kenneth More... and his bulldog Winston.
I tried a technique using highly thinned layers on Vallejo acrylics to paint him, that was for more time consuming than I thought that it would be. It worked well on the uniform, but not as well on the flesh areas.

"the sooner that you get get off this beach, the sooner they'll stop the blasted shelling! It's very bad for the dog!"

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: The Longest Day Beachmaster

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Very nice, Carlos. :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thank you Tom. I'm fairly happy with the final results, but I need to learn a better way of painting faces. One of these days... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I hear ya. I’m not too hot on painting figures either. I usually avoid it. Not that I don’t want to do them; I just suck at it. :bag: :giggles:

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Me too... but I won't get better without working at it... :headslap: I have so many figures in my stash, I need to do what I can to improve.

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I tend to shy away from any figure kits. I still have a set from raffle I won at Syrcon couple years ago. I've been trying to get them off my hands but found no takers. I know I won't do them.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’m pretty sure that I won’t build all of the figures in my stash. But I will build some of them. At least most of the tank crew figures.

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Awesome work Stik!! :shoutout: :shoutout:
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Mike. If I could get my faces to look like Ski’s work, he’d be awesome. I’ll call him decent.😉

FLSM

Return to “Completed Builds: Figurines and Dioramas”