You got to love life!

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

You got to love life!

Post by LyleW »

A couple of weeks ago, Asher fell at home and broke his right arm up by the elbow. Had a temporary fix applied, went to his regular bone guy in Cincinnati and yep, it was broken. Had a cool orange and black cast put on it. A couple day ago, that cast had caused a blister and bleeding. Went to an ER her and the fixed him up. Today, we get to get Asher off the bus at 3:30.

Four or five days ago, we had no hot water. We also have a 20 year old water heater-a senior citizen in that world. Went to check it, and it was leaking from a fitting added a few, years ago by the guy that did the work. We were able to get a plumber out and it was quickly fixed. There was a fair amount of water, but it did drain and dry with the help of a fan. No issues with the hobby area.

Been working on the new layout of the Piddle Palace, and today I got the furniture moved around and all that. Still looks like a tornado went through, but there has been progress. Not sure I like some things where they are, but options are few. I’ve thrown out a fair amount and more may be going. Pic in a day or tw.

Add to all of this , Pam’s medical insurance the she gets through the state and the main medical affiliation we use are in a contract dispute and that insurance is no longer good at those docs. We have appts that have been scheduled for months that are now basically “out of pocket”. Two are for steroid/cortisone shots for pain management. We don’t have a solution yet.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: You got to love life!

Post by BlackSheep214 »

It never ends does it, Lyle. Chin up, things will get better.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Sorry to hear about all the rough patches Lyle. But I suppose that if we didn't have those, we would not appreciate the good times as much.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

When it rains,it pours,hang in there Lyle.
midnightprowler
Addicted Member

Post by midnightprowler »

That's rough. Hang in there. It's always something it seems. We gotta do repairs on both cars.
1 Corinthians 15:51-54
1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
Ask me about Speedway Decals.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Bummer Lyle. Things generally turn around. At least it's nothing life changing and can be fixed.
Thanks,
John
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, gents. Yep, nothing serious, except maybe the insurance issue. Asher just got a bus assignment to get him home in the afternoon. Because of his limited vision, he goes to the Kentucky School for the Blind and it is a good ways from home.

Mostly just musings on life as it goes.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

Sorry to hear of these moments. It can only get better
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Yeah it's been a rough year but things will get better.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Free Discussion”