Revell's Sox and Martin '67 Plymouth GTX

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Re: Revell's Sox and Martin '67 Plymouth GTX

Post by Brandons_Iron »

AH man!! That sucks. I've had this happen the last two times I used rattle can clears. I tossed the can and just when 2K for the cars. I really don't like doing things twice. You'll save it and she'll look gorgeous.
BrandonK

If you can't fix it with duct tape, you're not using enough duct tape.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I decided to go the safe route airbrush Testors enamel gloss white instead if my usual rattlecan gloss white. One reason the weather is getting colder. I do have Testors gloss clear so the rattlecan gloss clear will be a no go for now. I'll save it for spraying sessions during summer when the weather is warmer. Call me strange and I'm sticking to it. LOL
I've always had good luck spraying rattlecan paints in hot weather during the summer months.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I'm setting this one aside for now until I find the decal set I misplaced or lost. The repair on the rear deck needs to be taken care off as well.

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
SigEp Ziggy
Advanced Member

Post by SigEp Ziggy »

Stupid question, would a drag strip car have a full interior?
Your fellow modeler,
Shane
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

It depends on the class it is racing in. They have certain rules about what can and cannot be removed to be legal for that class and event. I don't know if the Sox and Martin car had full interior or not.
BrandonK

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

SigEp Ziggy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:59 pm Stupid question, would a drag strip car have a full interior?

This one did. For now, it’s on the Shelf of Doom til Spring 2024. Don’t feel like tackling and repairing the orange peel on the trunk area.

SigEp Ziggy
Advanced Member

Post by SigEp Ziggy »

Thanks for info, I am aware of the many classes, just not aware of the restrictions.
Your fellow modeler,
Shane
Brandons_Iron
Advanced Member

Post by Brandons_Iron »

Apparently there were two 67 GTX's campaigned. A 440 and a 426 Hemi. Both ran in the B/Modified Factory class. Pics of the real car appear to show full interior, but it's hard to tell for sure. These factory race cars came with radio and heater delete, no insulation or carpet and no hubcaps. These were all built on the R023 order code.

"Inside, the R023’s interior was identical to any Belvedere II, with the exception of the missing heater and radio controls.

Because of the relative lack of promotion of the package and the cost it added to an already expensive Hemi-equipped car, only 55 examples of the R023 came off the assembly line. They were all built on the same day, February 12, 1967. Of the 55, only 17 were equipped with the A833 4-speed."

I could not locate info on the NHRA B/Modified rules for 1967.
BrandonK

Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

That is fascinating data, Brandon! So cool. I remember seeing the brand new GTXs at the State Fair of Texas in Dallas at the Auto Show, but I can't remember if that was the '67 models, or the much different '68s. Too many years ago now! But I was much impressed by them, whichever it was. :wink:

I recall Fox and Martin's cars from Hot Rod and Car Craft back then, too. Iconic drag racers from a great era! :grin:
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Was this classified as an FX car?
Thanks,
John

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”