Tiger Tiger burning Bright... (Tamiya 1/35 Tiger I (Late)

Here is the place to show off the progress of your armor builds
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Tiger Tiger burning Bright... (Tamiya 1/35 Tiger I (Late)

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Nice! Seat cushions nobody will see. Yeah, we've all done painting of objects we won't see when completed. :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Maybe if I held it upside down with a torch I could see it :grin: But yeah, we've all been there. I actually added a wash too - completely pointless!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I know that it’s a bit too late, but the Germans did not use white on their WWII tank interiors, but instead used an ivory color named “Elfenbein”
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Ah good to know for future reference Carlos, thanks! As it is, I added a brownish dirt wash to the area that can been seen through the TC's hatch, so hopefully it should look off white anyway.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Not that you're likely to have many folks peering into any open hatches anyways... :wink: And related to that, the inner faces of any open hatches should be painted in the exterior base color of the vehicle, not in the interior color. There are of course exceptions to that rule, but it is pretty common across most armies and their AFVs.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:42 pm I know that it’s a bit too late, but the Germans did not use white on their WWII tank interiors, but instead used an ivory color named “Elfenbein”
Ivory... Elfenbein... white... all the same no matter the shade of white. :giggles:

But yeah, I agree with your statement concerning interior colors of WW2 German tanks. I believe Mission Models has that color.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:10 pm Not that you're likely to have many folks peering into any open hatches anyways... :wink: And related to that, the inner faces of any open hatches should be painted in the exterior base color of the vehicle, not in the interior color. There are of course exceptions to that rule, but it is pretty common across most armies and their AFVs.
Thanks for the tip Carlos. That does make sense of you think about it!

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Having seen Carlos's excellent Panther build I do need to pick this up again as I was actually enjoying it - IIRC I was half way through adding the Zimmeritt to the turret. Those blooming indy link tracks still scare me though - I actually wish I had band tracks on this one.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Just build them in sections Stuart. At least the top and bottom runs can be made in flat runs. Then do the end portions last, particularly around the sprocket top to the top run as the last bit. That’s when you adjust the sag.

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Carlos!

Return to “Work In Progress: Armor”