A few recent builds...

Post your completed aircraft here.
Stuart
Elite Member

A few recent builds...

Post by Stuart »

So erm... I've finished a few since July...

Fiat G.50

Hurricane mk.I

Spitfire mk.I

Spitfire mk.Vb Floatplane

Hurricane mk.I early (two blader)

D.H. Vampire mk.III

F-35B

P-80

F-100

Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Re: A few recent builds...

Post by Gary Brantley »

Wow, Stuart you've been a busy and productive lad, haven't you? Those are all very nice works; I especially like the red float-plane! :shoutout: Man, I feel like such a "piker"...I'm struggling to finish just one model now. Very impressive and so well done, Stuart! :bow:
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Very nice production. Love the Ted Spitfire floatplane. What kit is it and what scale? I've been looking for one for ages.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Gary Brantley wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:59 am Wow, Stuart you've been a busy and productive lad, haven't you? Those are all very nice works; I especially like the red float-plane! :shoutout: Man, I feel like such a "piker"...I'm struggling to finish just one model now. Very impressive and so well done, Stuart! :bow:
LOL! Thanks Gary. tbh most of them were pretty simple builds, the Hurricane on the stand took me 11 days to build. It's party the reason why I started the Tiger, I wanted a longer term project.

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

BlackSheep214 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:54 am Very nice production. Love the Ted Spitfire floatplane. What kit is it and what scale? I've been looking for one for ages.
Thanks Tom.

The red Spitfire was based on an aircraft from a short story my daughter wrote me for Father's day. It's the 1/72 PM Models kits and tbh, if you want to build an accurate Spitfire Vb floatplane it's best avoided. If you want a good Spitfire floatplane, either the mk.Vb or mk.IX, the Brengun 1/72 kit is the best game in town. I also think Trumpeter did one in 1/32.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Ahhhhhh.... so you have been building models and keeping busy while away.... Just not sharing with us. :nono: :wink:

Very nice batch of builds Stuart! Thats quite a few great looking aircraft. I really like the Fiat! Very interesting to see the Soviet Vampire. Did some of those really get sold to them, or is that a "what if"?

On a technical note, the P-80 became the F-80 when the red stripe was added on the US national insignia and the USAAF became the USAF and Pursuits officially became Fighters for the service.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Wow - serious production there Stuart. Some great subjects. Love the F-100.
Thanks,
John
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:31 am Ahhhhhh.... so you have been building models and keeping busy while away.... Just not sharing with us. :nono: :wink:

Very nice batch of builds Stuart! Thats quite a few great looking aircraft. I really like the Fiat! Very interesting to see the Soviet Vampire. Did some of those really get sold to them, or is that a "what if"?

On a technical note, the P-80 became the F-80 when the red stripe was added on the US national insignia and the USAAF became the USAF and Pursuits officially became Fighters for the service.
LOL! Yeah sorry Carlos, my internet mojo has been pretty lax this year.

Did I say P-80? D'oh! idiot. Yes you're right, this is very much an F-80 Korean war bird.

The Vampire - lol! yes it's a whif (I lost the decal sheet) but it does seem to fit those markings. It's actually pretty plausible if you consider that Rolls-Royce sold their jet technology to the Soviets in the early 50's - it was after all British jets that powered the Mig-15s. it wouldn't be much more of a leap for us to sell them our aircraft too. One of these day's I'm going to do a Mig-15 in RAF markings (a-la Canadair Sabre) to go with it.

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

keavdog wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:00 pm Wow - serious production there Stuart. Some great subjects. Love the F-100.
Thanks John!

tempestjohnny
Elite Member

Post by tempestjohnny »

I knew you were building stuff and just not coming to show and tell :ballbat:

Return to “Completed Builds”