One Weeker Tweaker Build

Member created Group Builds
Adam
Advanced Member

Re: One Weeker Tweaker Build

Post by Adam »

JimD wrote:Any other time I'd say the Tamiya P-47. I think it's the best kit in that scale I've ever seen. But I wouldn't want you to try to deal with it in a week. I think that's a kit you should spend some time on.
Agree completely one hundred percent matter of factly.

:that:
It's up to you how much money you want to spend and how many new words you want to create "correcting" something.
Adam
Advanced Member

Post by Adam »

What is with you all and 1/48? You're just screwing yourselves!
It's up to you how much money you want to spend and how many new words you want to create "correcting" something.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

A 1/48 kit in a week? That is far to ambitious for me.
ImageImageImageImageImage
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

:boxing: Bring it on! After the B-2....I feel no evil! :boxing:
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Adam
Advanced Member

Post by Adam »

Woohoo! :yipee: Is everyone ready to kick this off? Go ahead and post your stuff right up in here. I probably won't get started on mine til some time tomorrow.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

:bye: Hi, Y'all!

Here we go. Monogram's 1/48 MiG-15, kit # 5403. An oldie to be sure. My scheme will be one used by the Americans after the first MiG-15 was turned over to them by the NKAF pilot, Lt. Kim Sok No, now known as Kenneth Rowe. He wrote the "Pilot's Perspective" piece for the Cockpits of the Cold War by Donald Nijboer with Dan Patterson's pictures. His major complaint? The cockpit environmental controls and the lack of hydraulic assist for the ailerons and elevator. Lt. No flew the aircraft to South Korea on September 21, 1953. Over 16,000 were built.

Only two sprues and a clear sprue. Not much to mess up but I'll see what I can do!

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
CallSignOWL
Addicted Member

Post by CallSignOWL »

Im in with Monograms bf-109 kit, 1/48! I'll probably have more time to work on it tomorrow though!
Every take-off has a landing...some are just better than others
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

My entry:

The only thing I have done so far... Drilling out the barrel of the 88.
ImageImageImageImageImage
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Inspired by necessity and fermis, the landing light in the nose was missing. Soooo...... a bit of Bondo and some clear sprue.....We'll see!

very rudimentary cockpit, nose gear bay in place and starting on the wings. Can't close the fuselage until I glue Pinocchio in place

Return to “Member Group Builds”