Revell 1/48 PCF Swift Boat

Here is the place to show off the progress of your ship builds.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Revell 1/48 PCF Swift Boat

Post by LyleW »

BlackSheep214 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:44 pm Looking good, Lyle.
Thank you, Tom.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Heading down the home stretch, I guess. Almost time for decals, final touch up on paint, adding the stuff on the bottom of the hull. My design team and I (multiple personalities...) had a meeting and me decided to black out the windows, so before attaching the cabin, I sprayed some black around.

To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Looks good Lyle!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Thanks Stuart.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Good idea to black out the windows! You can see into the cabin quite well thru them, and unless you add some detail in there, the absence of stuff inside is noticeable.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Good stuff!
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Stikpusher wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:30 am Good idea to black out the windows! You can see into the cabin quite well thru them, and unless you add some detail in there, the absence of stuff inside is noticeable.
Well, there was not a good way for me to even try adding any interior. The cabin walls dropped down over a raised area that is easily 1/4 or so of the cabin height. Didn’t want to fight that…and there are two window on the aft wall of the cabin. No holes or anything. Just glue them on the flat, gray plastic, so something was needed.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Ceaser_Sa1ad wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:44 pm Good stuff!
Thanks, Declan.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Went in to Hobby Lobby yesterday. . . got a bit of cordage to use on the boat. This looks promising. It is an acryllic crochet thread. Under three bucks. I hope I have enough, though. Only 370 yards, 1110 feet, 13320 inches or so. For you metric fellows, 338.328 M, 33,832.8 CM, 338328 MM.

I can spare a bit if anyone needs some thread.

An idea of the size of the thread.

I found this for under a dollar, polished hemp cord.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

added the cords to the aft end of the boat and hit them with Tamiya Dark Gray panel line wsh

Return to “Work In Progress: Ships”