A "Rhode Island Red" Y-Wing.

Here is the place to show off the progress of your sci-fi builds.
Eagle-1
Advanced Member

Re: A "Rhode Island Red" Y-Wing.

Post by Eagle-1 »

Oh, I forgot! I also added some hole punchers. Now, it has been suggested that since this is a toon build, I should make the guns more oversized?

Thoughts?

Rob.
Right on the edge... so don't push.
Eagle-1
Advanced Member

Post by Eagle-1 »

Ok y'all, I believe this is gettin' real close, at least close enough to show it all mostly stuck together. I do like this thing and I think it's a really cool model. Should look even better with a little paint, but these had bad paintjobs anyhow, so there's not a real high probability that I can ruin it with paint. I can. I have. I will again, but this one is more forgiving than some so I feel good about it.

Actually out of order a bit with these pictures, but y'all get the picture.

See what I did there!

Rob.
Eagle-1
Advanced Member

Post by Eagle-1 »

When it came to paint, I've seen an awful lot of replicas with the yellow and baby blue. I wanted to try and stay away from that and this build is posted at the RPF, so I had a contest.

First off, I was amazed several voted!
Amongst several who voted...

Orange won.

Seems there were others whom have seen enough baby blue and yellow too.

That's where this one is up to this point.

I say that, but it is just a little more along, but I ain't took no pictures yet.

Rob.
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

I've just caught up with this build Rob, bloody awesome is all I can say, I love the fact you're adding detail to an eggplane build! The painting looks eggselent and I like the look of the guns, I'd say leave them as is personally.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Eagle-1
Advanced Member

Post by Eagle-1 »

Thank you! See, that's what I said about the guns too! I showed 'em at RPF and got the "Think about makin' 'em bigger and car-toony". SO, I've thought about it. It does make sense I reckon, but you know how these things go, nothin' was said until they was built.

Rob.
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

This is so cool
If you look at the eggplane bombers the guns all look pretty realistic (some exceptions to the rule) so i think what you had looks good.
Maybe look at the meng eggplane lancaster for the turrent?
https://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/ ... ld/00.shtm
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Ceaser_Sa1ad
Master Member

Post by Ceaser_Sa1ad »

Absolutely no reason an egg needs to look this good...
Fantastic details and your work looks amazing
"In this galaxy there's a mathematical probability of three million Earth type planets. And in all of the universe, three million million galaxies like this. And in all of that... and perhaps more... only one of each of us." - McCoy
Eagle-1
Advanced Member

Post by Eagle-1 »

scorpiomikey wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:52 am This is so cool
If you look at the eggplane bombers the guns all look pretty realistic (some exceptions to the rule) so i think what you had looks good.
Maybe look at the meng eggplane lancaster for the turrent?
https://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/ ... ld/00.shtm
Thank you! Yes, I actually have that kit. Now, I probably wouldn't ruin it by stealing the guns out of it for this build, they're too big in the Lancaster anyway. These MENG toon planes are decent sized. Small, yes, but bigger than this Yolk-Wing. Now, if you meant just to look at them for a shape to make some? Excellent suggestion!
Ceaser_Sa1ad wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:26 pm Absolutely no reason an egg needs to look this good...
Fantastic details and your work looks amazing
Thank you also! Thank you both for stopping by.

Now, hold on a minute here... Even though it fell outta a chicken's hiney hole, forget that. Think "scramble" the fighters! I'm tryin' to turn this into a symbol of DEATH for the Empire! Vader should be quaking in his roost!

Rob.
SigEp Ziggy
Advanced Member

Post by SigEp Ziggy »

This is very cool, are you freelancing or following some photos?
Your fellow modeler,
Shane
Eagle-1
Advanced Member

Post by Eagle-1 »

SigEp Ziggy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:47 am This is very cool, are you freelancing or following some photos?
Thank you! I've been going by a couple I posted earlier of a studio scale replica. Since this is what it is and will never be studio scale, mostly shootin' from the hip.

Eagle-1 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:26 pm I used some of this as some reference. These came from the site Modelers Magic for credit where credit is due and I don't know if these are an actual studio model or someone's replica, but will be fine for my non-studio build:

Rob.
This earlier post is what I'm adding things to mine by.

Rob.

Return to “Work In Progress: Sci-Fi”