best stereo system in the world

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

best stereo system in the world

Post by Gary Brantley »

This is something we don't see every day. There is excess, and then there is excess. This is the latter. Everything about this is incredible: the costs of the system and the room, the time involved and the dedication it required; all just over the top! An example; the turntable unit weighs 1500 pounds, the main speakers are 1400 pounds each.

Note at 52:19, "Where's the Led Zeppelin?" :grin: Man, I would pay to hear "Immigrant Song" in that room! :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b2IOOhJmxw&t=449s

Sadly, after Mr. Fritz passed from ALS, the entire system was parted out for a fraction of what it cost; just what he didn't want to happen...there's a lesson in that, somewhere. :wink:
Medicman71
Elite Member

Re: best stereo system in the world

Post by Medicman71 »

i want one!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I need that in my car. Gotta have that to drown out that rap junk from another next to me at a stop light. :giggles:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

It would've been quite the experience to have listened in that room, on that system. I've lost so much of my hearing in my left ear, that I wouldn't get the full effect, I'm sure. :wink:

But still...Oh man, just imagine hearing "Electric Ladyland" in there!
🍄
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I have 85% hearing loss in both my ears. Yes, I am hard of hearing since I was a toddler and wear a hearing aid all my life.
A funny story a few years ago…. a family friend on my brother in law’s side who owned an Opal Pro Street. I used to bust his chops of my desire to hear her purr. That one year he did. Pulled it out of his trailer, started it up. Just prior to that, my wife told me I better wear ear plugs so I won’t lose any hearing. I told her….

“The f*** you talking about? It’s a little too late for that. You know I’ve been hard of hearing since I was a toddler, right?” :giggles:

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

I've lost about 80% of my hearing in my left ear due to a benign tumor (schwannoma) in my inner ear. I also have a loud, constant "ringing" in that ear; over time, I've come to sort of ignore the noise and the deafness is most annoying when listening to conversations in loud places.
It could be much worse.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Ah but being hard of hearing has its advantages... I can out "huh" everybody. Plus I'm a professional at selective hearing. That bugs my wife the most. :giggles: She knows I do it on purpose too - especially during an argument- intentional or not. :giggles:

Return to “Free Discussion”