ICM 1/35 CH-54A Tarhe

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
Stikpusher

Re: ICM 1/35 CH-54A Tarhe

Post by Stikpusher »

Seeing the rotors next to the 113 really puts the size into perspective! :shocked: What a big beast you’re going to have whe it’s all finished!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Yeah that's going to be HUGE!!!

:hmm: I dunno though, 1/35 is kind of growing on me for model Helicopters - I'd love to see something like a Westland Scout or a Loach.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Dragon made a few different versions of the OH-6/MH-6/MD-500 in 1/35... and somebody just released a new kit of the MH-6/AH-6 in 1/35. Haven't seen a 1/35 Westland Scout, but there is a very nice family of Lynx choppers by Revell in 1/32. There are also other 1/32 and 1/35 choppers out there. If I had the room I'd love to get the Trumpeter Hind & Hip kits in 1/32... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

I have this one in the stash. After reading Low Level Hell I wanted to do Hugh Mills bird. My only 1/35 aircraft.

Thanks,
John
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Neat one!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I've got these in 1/35

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

600 part count is a lot for this lady whirlybird workhorse. She's definitely gonna be a big girl when finished.

Take your time with it. Don't be afraid to stop should you feel like you're losing some concentration or tired. I sometimes do so myself often. It's worth it coming back with a clear head a few hours later or the next day.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Why there could be a 1/35 hello group build?

Guys, thanks for the support and encouragement. Tom, absolutely, this will be a measured effort. It seems a fair number of that parts count are small, fiddle part. Going to be fun.

I ha a gallon or two of Tamiya. Exter Thin, and calling Duke for a truckload of OD! My 105 a/b is back from Badger, so we should be good there.

New things abound…first time using Quinta decals. These look amazing. Also, first time using aftermarket metal landing gear.

The cockpit will need the molded detail removed first.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Okay, I am weak and undisciplined. That, and I really wanted to give the Quinta decals a try. Wow. I am sold and am a fan. Jeez Louise, I'll go broke(er). I used the PVA canopy glue, Formula '560' as the adhesive.

The kit decals were not bad,

But, what a difference...

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Bloody hell, they look superb Lyle!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”