Two More Models in April by the Duke

Post your completed aircraft here.
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Two More Models in April by the Duke

Post by Duke Maddog »

This month I was able to finish two vehicles, one is a drone and the other a cruise missile. While technically not aircraft, they do fly, so here they are.

First is this Russian cruise missile called the AS-15 Kent. This was a two-in-one kit with one shown in transport mode, the other in flight:

This next one was also a two-in-one kit, containing two MQ-9 Reapers. One option was the Royal Air Force version used in Afghanistan:

My second one will be done as a US Air Force bird, once I find out what markings and numbers are on the one my nephew flies the most.

Thank you all for looking in, comments are welcome.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
keavdog
Elite Member

Re: Two More Models in April by the Duke

Post by keavdog »

Do you have a TU-95 to roll that missle up to?
I have a 1/48 reaper in the stash - cool looking drone. May do mine wheels up if possible. They have funky looking landing gear :giggles:
Thanks,
John
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Those are great builds, Mark! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

keavdog wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:35 pm Do you have a TU-95 to roll that missile up to?
I have a 1/48 reaper in the stash - cool looking drone. May do mine wheels up if possible. They have funky looking landing gear :giggles:
Thank you John! Yes, look further up on my Maddog Manufacturing thread and you'll see the Tu-95 under construction. Those reapers are cool; I can't wait to hear from my nephew on how best to mark my US one.

Thank you Steve!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

I think we should all chip in and send Duke a 1/350 aircraft carrier or a 1/32 4 engine bomber :giggles:
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Very nice Mark! I've done both the Predator and the Reaper in 1/48. I was amazed how big the Reaper is.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Nicely done Mark.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Good stuff Mark!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Thank you Cbaltrin! LOL @ your suggestion! If you really wanted to chip in for something, try finding out what I need for my armor collection and pitch in to send me that so I get to 1000 finished vehicle models faster. :lashed: Most of what I need are the bigger trucks and vehicles that I can barely afford if at all. A 1/350 scale carrier or 1/32 scale bomber are far too big and would never get built. They'd get sold so I can get more vehicles.

Thank you Mike! Yeah, I'd like to get a Predator too. Maybe someday. And yeah, those Reapers are big!

Thank you Stuart and Lyle!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

Return to “Completed Builds”