Get a Job

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Re: Get a Job

Post by BlackSheep214 »

They better not discontinue AK interactive Real Color line!!! :ballbat: I can see the 3rd Gen line for I absolutely hate their dropper bottles.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

AK Real Color is not being discontinued. But from what I have seen recently, those are going into a dropper type bottle as well. I can’t confirm it firsthand, but I have seen photos elsewhere, supposedly from their site.
And in all honesty, from seeing all their 3rd Gen acrylics in the warehouse, I’d like to have a crack at those. They have many colors and sets that look useful to me, and they can’t be much different from Vallejo…. :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I'm beyond jealous. I'd love to be retired and working in the hobby.

And yes, AK Real Colors are going to be in dropper bottles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT5cPnqEP_0
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Why????? Why in dropper bottles? I hate using those dropper bottles. :headbang: :ballbat: :bored:

My guess they won’t have mixing balls inside them like Mission Model paints does. If no mixing balls inside, more work to pull the top off to mix with a stirrer to get the sediments settling at the bottom of the bottles. That’s why I hated Vallejo paints or any paint brand in dropper bottles.

Biggest question is changing their formula. It remains to be seen regardless what the video says. My thought is why change anything when the original formula is fine? Will changing the formula make it more fragile and prone to scratches easily?

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

The paint is NOT changing. Just the bottle. I've heard this from several sources. I like the dropper bottles because it makes it easier to add to the airbrush.

I think the change in bottle is a regulation thing but I don't know. The US is SUPER PICKY about HazMat stuff. Remember when we couldn't get Tamiya paint because they had to change all of the labels?
Mike

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

That's really cool Carlos - kudos to you landing that.

I'd love to work in the trade. I have thought in the back of my head about owning an LMS. I'd have a few work benches in there for people or clubs to use, decent wifi for home workers and I'd sell coffees and cakes, hell, maybe even a bar.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:08 pm AK Real Color is not being discontinued. But from what I have seen recently, those are going into a dropper type bottle as well. I can’t confirm it firsthand, but I have seen photos elsewhere, supposedly from their site.
And in all honesty, from seeing all their 3rd Gen acrylics in the warehouse, I’d like to have a crack at those. They have many colors and sets that look useful to me, and they can’t be much different from Vallejo…. :hmm:

I actually did order one bottle of AK Interactive 3rd Gen a couple months back for the Rufe kit.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Thanks Stuart. I’m happy to have had this fall into my lap.

Tom, how did you like the 3rd Gen paints?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Stikpusher wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:45 pm Thanks Stuart. I’m happy to have had this fall into my lap.

Tom, how did you like the 3rd Gen paints?
Haven't tried it yet... :bag:

Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

The 3rd Gen paints are great for brush painting. I haven't heard anyone using them through an airbrush.
Mike

Return to “Free Discussion”