Predator

Here is the place to show off the progress of your ship builds.
mlp
Advanced Member

Re: Predator

Post by mlp »

scorpiomikey wrote:
mlp wrote:Thanks ya two!
:) want to have some beer and chips served?
That would be much appreciated good sir.
well then

have a seat
Cheers
Martin

Welcome to my blog
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Sweet! I'm glad I stumbled on this Thread. I too have this same model and I'll be watching this closely so I can do almost as well... I hope.

Way to go!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Looks like a well executed plastic kit; albeit I wonder why Revell ever invested in such a kit?!? Did I miss a TV show or anything else "spectacular" that would have made Revell do this yacht?
mlp
Advanced Member

Post by mlp »

Happy new year ya all!

ok, after the usual XMas break I'm back

Thanks for stepping by!
Cheers
Martin

Welcome to my blog
mlp
Advanced Member

Post by mlp »

Thomas_M wrote:Looks like a well executed plastic kit; albeit I wonder why Revell ever invested in such a kit?!? Did I miss a TV show or anything else "spectacular" that would have made Revell do this yacht?

Well from what I've learned Sunseeker seems to be one very famous company building very high priced vessels. But that's about it. I don't know much about it and to be honest I dont care :) It was a birthday present some moons back so that's why I'm building it.
Cheers
Martin

Welcome to my blog
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Very well executed. The water is very nice.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Also good looking are the tables and the interior! Are there any decals given for adding some detail to the interior?
mlp
Advanced Member

Post by mlp »

Thanks ya two!

There are some decals for the monitors near the stearing but none for the furniture. When all is closed you won't see that much of the funrniture inside as the windows are pretty dark.
Cheers
Martin

Welcome to my blog
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

This is really cool! I have to find mine and see about getting it finished. What did you do to make that swirly pattern on the tabletops? That is brilliant! I'm taking extensive notes...
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
mlp
Advanced Member

Post by mlp »

Duke Maddog wrote:This is really cool! I have to find mine and see about getting it finished. What did you do to make that swirly pattern on the tabletops? That is brilliant! I'm taking extensive notes...
Thank you!

The table tops I first painted in the color as the couches, a sand/dust tone. Then I applied not thinned dark brown oil color and for the squirrels I used a wider brush, not a pointy one and squirreld it. Does that make sense? ... well I hope
Cheers
Martin

Welcome to my blog

Return to “Work In Progress: Ships”