Italaerei 1/72 Me-321b <<Gigant>>

Any aircraft, or missile manufactured by Messerschmitt under said name. Bölkow-Blohm and subsequent merger and takeover aircraft are excluded.
LyleW
Admin

Re: Italaerei 1/72 Me-321b <<Gigant>>

Post by LyleW »

Thanks, Silvio. I'll go take a look. You are a good friend!

With the windows, I was able to get a small "blob" of glue in the opening and then slowly drag it across the opening with the tip of the bottle. I think I like the tape idea, though. Leaves less to clean up!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

I tried this way for windows but never satisfued if results, even a sort of emptyness lens effect in the middle of the clear part :(
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Oh well. They do have a certain flimsy nature to them.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

the problem is probably the liquid i used to do windows, the clear contacta revell glue , sort of vynil glue :Bur2:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Cockpit isn't as nice as BSY's. The wheels came off that bus in no time. So much for getting cocky. More when I feel like it. have pics on the camera.
BsYamato
Addicted Member

Post by BsYamato »

Waiting for pictures but think the bus wheel is correct by the pictures I see about the glider version :)
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I have found Italaerie's instructions to be somewhat lacking in some cases regarding the exact sequence of assembly. For me, the seats would not stay put and I managed to cut off a small sliver on the back of one. Not much room for sprue cutters. BSY, with your permission, I may borrow some of your ideas on the cockpit, since I have to scratch some seat pieces and a control column or two. Took two steps back and realized this is a OPPORTUNITY with a capital O, that's right...

Anyway a few pictures....

Decided to close up the gun ports on the clamshell.

That is about it. Taking care of seams now

Oh, this is the way we sand our seams, sand our seams, sand our seams. This is the way we sand our seams, all day long.
Paul
Addicted Member

Post by Paul »

Looking good Lyle
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

Great scratch building Lyle! It's shaping up really nice !!

Return to “Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeler Official Messerschmitt Group Build 2015”