Here's some 109's ya ungrateful....

Any aircraft, or missile manufactured by Messerschmitt under said name. Bölkow-Blohm and subsequent merger and takeover aircraft are excluded.
Adam
Advanced Member

Here's some 109's ya ungrateful....

Post by Adam »

Doing three 109's like I said I would do. Eduard's abortion in 1/48. and also the Revell G-10 and the Otaki G-6. That's what I've got on hand so that's what you're getting. My plan is to use the Profipack to spruce up the other kits as well as a little bit of aftermarket I've got stashed away. It ain't right but it's gonna be better than nothing I think! Here's what we got so far:

This is Eduard's PE going in the Eduard G-6. I don't know why RLM 66 is purple to them but that's how it is and it really sucks they can't get the colors of their PE right because otherwise it is awesome.

This is Eduard's raised detail IP plus their decal laid down over it. I did not touch it just let Mr. Mark softener do his job and this it how it turned out. I think it looks better than the PE. This is going in the Otaki kit.

Finally I did the Revell kit's IP. It would be fine if the stuff lined up but it doesn't. I cut into 3 pieces and it still didn't line up right but that's how it's staying now.

More later when I start figuring this out! Thanks for looking in!
It's up to you how much money you want to spend and how many new words you want to create "correcting" something.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: Here's some 109's ya ungrateful....

Post by KSaarni »

Nice stuff Adam, this will be very intersting builds to follow!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Manny1943
Addicted Member

Post by Manny1943 »

Adam wrote:Doing three 109's like I said I would do. Eduard's abortion in 1/48.

This is Eduard's PE going in the Eduard G-6. I don't know why RLM 66 is purple to them but that's how it is and it really sucks...
LOL---I've read that it looks okay with the landing gear corrected as a stand-alone because of the scale issues. I have mixed feelings about the kit but w all that BRASSIN should be a good ride...

Wow, this is gonna be good. I think that Fermis is doing the Same Eduard kit as yours but converting it into the recon version (G-8). I'm doing their E-3...
Adam
Advanced Member

Post by Adam »

Manny1943 wrote: LOL---I've read that it looks okay with the landing gear corrected as a stand-alone because of the scale issues. I have mixed feelings about the kit but w all that BRASSIN should be a good ride...

Wow, this is gonna be good. I think that Fermis is doing the Same Eduard kit as yours but converting it into the recon version (G-8). I'm doing their E-3...
I've not got any Brassin besides some wheels I bought. It will be interesting to see how they compare built up with and without.

Looking forward to the E-3.
It's up to you how much money you want to spend and how many new words you want to create "correcting" something.
Adam
Advanced Member

Post by Adam »

JimD wrote:Well this will be awesome.

You're right though about the colors PE stuff. It's absolutely appalling how off the panel colors are...and it's not just the RLM 66 stuff...it's everything I've seen. Frankly, Eduard really fails to impress me any longer...the surface detail on that kit and the engineering is beautiful...but...

I really like their zoom kits. I usually end up just using the belts and IP. For not a lot of money it does spruce up a 1/48 cockpit quite a bit. They seem to be able to get black IPs the right color usually! I don't remember the colored stuff for the Stuka I did being that freaking purple either.
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Three, huh???

NOW yer talkin!!!

As much as I love the zoom IP's...I end up repainting about 1/2 of em....especially those purple ones!
Adam
Advanced Member

Post by Adam »

Fermis wrote:Three, huh???

NOW yer talkin!!!

As much as I love the zoom IP's...I end up repainting about 1/2 of em....especially those purple ones!
Yeah but just look at that decal IP!

For the damn money you just shouldn't have to repaint them. It's great on American stuff where the IP is black and all but yeah.... where the hell are they getting their colors from?
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Where'djya go??? :whip:

Return to “Scale Plastic Aircraft Modeler Official Messerschmitt Group Build 2015”