A lucky find?

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stikpusher

Re: A lucky find?

Post by Stikpusher »

OK, tht all makes sense... on a test run, it is more silent than my 26 year old compressor that I currently have... the rest all sounds good... thanks for the info Owl. :dogwag:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
lawman56
Advanced Member

Post by lawman56 »

Stik, my first airbrush was a Badger 150 that a friend had laying around for years. He used to airbrush T-shirts back in the 80s at the mall here and I was helping him clean his garage. Gave me the brush, compressor and a bunch of siphon feed paint jars. None of it was clean. Took it all apart, (yes even the compressor piston), cleaned it up, re-lubed it all and it worked fine. That was 7 years ago. The compressor still works fine, but 2 years ago, I severely damaged one of the fittings for the brush, and instead of waiting for a new part to arrive, I went and bought a brand new Grex tritium.

Now I plan to repair the Badger and pass it on to a buddy who's ready to make the move from brushes to airbrush.

Some of the best tools in my garage, model bench and model railroad box were "cast-offs"
Joe

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Joe, my first airbrush was a Badger 350. I LOVED that thing!!! Too bad I finally wore it out after more than 20 years of use. If I get half that much mileage out of my latest one, I will be quite happy...

Well today I got this puppy into action. Not without problems (of course). It still needed MORE cleaning in the tip. But now, I have entered the realm of double action...

"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Tojo72
Master Member

Post by Tojo72 »

Hope it works out for you Stik
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

So far it has... On my second session I was able to get some nice thin lines very easily. I am really jazzed with this new toy so far!

FLSM

Return to “Modeling Discussion”