Revell 1/48 Stuka Ju-87G-1 Tank Buster

Jeeves
Master Member

Revell 1/48 Stuka Ju-87G-1 Tank Buster

Post by Jeeves »

Just received this kit today from Lyle and Revell-- still need to clear off the AMX-30B and Avenger...but I figured I'd do the sprue shots at least....
Instructions are typical Revell...
I do like how they list what each part is so a newbie can tell the difference between a pitot tube and a pilot seat ;)
Decal sheet for just one scheme- but the instrument panel decal is included...swastikas are not so you;ll have to go to the spares or aftermarket if you want an accurate Stuka build...
Clear parts are bagged separately and seem nice and crisp...
And now for the 5 grey sprues....
Radiator grill, struts, and vent covers...
Wing tops, prop, and cockpit floor...
And the floor detail up close...
Next two are the wheel spats, wheels, cannon parts, and fiddly bits...
Fuselage halves, antenna, rear gun, and instrument panel with more fiddly bits....
Panel ought to paint up detail-wise very nicely...although the sidewalls seem a little soft...
And lastly the wing bottom, seats, horizontal stabilizer, and our pilot and gunner...

Guess that's it for now-- I'll get started soon ;)
Mike
Stikpusher

Re: Revell 1/48 Stuka Ju-87G-1 Tank Buster

Post by Stikpusher »

I remember building this kit with my dad a thousand years ago... :hmm: I'm looking forward to this. :popcorn:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

That looks like a old school model. Reminds me of the Hobbycraft kit I botched as a kid.

I am also a bit puzzeled why the instructions of the USA boxings of Revell are so different from the German boxings. The whole parts list seams useless to me.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The parts list is educational. I learned a LOT as a kid from building models when seeing the name of the part and asking about it or reading more later on, rather simply a part number.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

Stikpusher wrote:The parts list is educational. I learned a LOT as a kid from building models when seeing the name of the part and asking about it or reading more later on, rather simply a part number.
Not a huge fan of the parts list, in that style...meh.
I do remember some kits having the name of the part, along with the #, right in each step/diagram...ya didn't have to refer back to somewhere else. That...I liked!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Oh yes, the parts name in the assembly step is far superior. The old pre international Revell instructions were real good about that. And they even had FS color reference numbers on their painting instructions! As well as an address and cost for the modeler to send off to in Washington, D.C. for their own copy of FS 595... Once upon a time

FLSM
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Somehow, don´t know, this reminds me to a re-tool of the ancient Monogram Tank Buster kit. Jeeves, is there any copyright information on the inside of the main wing part?
Jeeves
Master Member

Post by Jeeves »

Thomas- you are correct to doubt in this one instance ;). While the destructions are dated 2016, the wing tells a different story-- 1968. Excellent deductions!
Mike
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Truly a simple kit,

BUT

very curious to see, how you will Jeeves convert something simple into something nice! :-)

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Jeeves wrote:Thomas- you are correct to doubt in this one instance ;). While the destructions are dated 2016, the wing tells a different story-- 1968. Excellent deductions!
Image Almost as young as me! :giggles:

Return to “Member Reviews”