Warhammer Vampire Counts Coven Throne

Show of your completed sci-fi products here.
Dragline
Advanced Member

Warhammer Vampire Counts Coven Throne

Post by Dragline »

This was a commission for a local Warhammer Fantasy Battle player I met while buying paints at my local Warhammer shop. While a relatively new shop I have been in there so many times I am on a first name basis with the owner at this point. I buy a lot of paints and am always expanding my color range for future projects and went on a tournament night. The place was jumping and I had some mini's with me to show the owner what i was capable of and got swarmed by the locals as I put my stuff out. I got asked if i did commissions [I didn't] but said I'd consider it. One guy went right over to the shelf and pulled this down and asked if I could pull it off. Me being me I said "Heck yeah!". He pulled out a wad of cash and asked how much.... At that point I was kinda taken aback. What does something like this sell for? What is the going rate for a commission of such magnitude? We worked it out and I took it home. 2 weeks later I phoned and said I'd bring it on game night. I whipped it out on game night and the place erupted in cheers. I am serious, a cheer went up and that guy was beaming from ear to ear. He asked if what I charged was enough and if I wanted more. I explained we came to a price and my word is my bond. So that is how I came to paint this Coven Throne. Not something I would have chosen , but he is a dedicated Fantasy battle player and it fit his army. Lots of airbrushed fades on the spectral smoke and washes, pigments and the like on the rest. I'm currently working on a Flamespire Phoenix for another player there and have had to say no to a bunch of requests to paint entire armies. I simply don't have the time nor inclination, but I am flattered that they think as highly of my work as they do. So here is my first commission for Warhammer 40K Fantasy Battle. Something tells me it won't be the last.

Now that we know that.... What have we learned?...
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: Warhammer Vampire Counts Coven Throne

Post by KSaarni »

:yikes:

That’s huge! Amazing & amazing story/background as well!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Yes amazing is the word! You have a great talent for this type of fantasy painting.
March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

What an intricate set up! So much going on and so many colors on the throne and figures. That is some very sweet work. :shoutout:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

I thank you for kind words my friends. I have quite a few pieces on my shelf that are ready for public consumption.

I'll debut them here.
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

WH pulls out some really crazy stuff. Also their mold technique is top notch.
You did a great job on this one!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

That is a great piece of work! :P1:
ImageImageImageImageImage
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

What an intricate piece. Well done!
Thanks,
John
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Wow! That's awesome! I'm not surprised the guy had a huge smile - what a fantastic centrepeice to his army! :shoutout: :shoutout: :shoutout:

I haven't been in a GW store for years, not since Goblin green bases were a thing!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
Dragline
Advanced Member

Post by Dragline »

I was concerned when I took this project on that I would make a right mess of it. My painting is pretty solid but there is just so much on this kit that I thought I'd cock it up for certain. As it went along my confidence grew until I figured it out. I appreciate all the kind words fellas, I really do. I came here to share my builds and follow along a few aviation builds in the hopes I too can build a warbird and do it justice. While that remains to be seen I have certainly foisted myself upon your/now my fine group.

I enjoy that people enjoy my builds but I'm feeling a little like I'm kind of shining too much of a light on myself. I'm not one for that but my enthusiasm for sharing my builds has put my usual conservatism on the back burner. So I ask that you don't think me a limelight hogger or something akin to that. I'm simply enjoying my membership the only way I know how.

By sharing.

Bob

Return to “Completed Builds: Sci-Fi”