There are days I wish I drank

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

There are days I wish I drank

Post by LyleW »

Really...no kidding. I do drink a lot of water, though.

Just some not so random grumblings.

I'm tired. But, aren't we all?
I am getting grumpier. But, aren't we all?
I just ate breakfast an hour or so ago and I'm hungry.
While not as hot as some areas, we have been in the 90s with 80-100 percent humidity. The dogs love it though. Lots of "salt" to lick.

I think I am going to throw out, bin, trash a large number of the unfinished builds. I need to make a break somewhere in this mess. They are at the point of "I really don't care to finish them" any more. And, I need the space. So, bye, bye.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Re: There are days I wish I drank

Post by Gary Brantley »

I hear you loud and clear. Time waits for no one and it's running out mighty fast, I fear. It sounds like you have too many irons in the fire, Lyle. I have the opposite problem-I haven't hit a lick at a model since I finished that Bulldog tank, back in April. But, now the mood is upon me. I'm eying an old Monogram Mosquito...strictly OOB-no tricks, no add-ons, nuthin' but what's in the box. I know it's old and I know it's flawed...hey, jes' like me! :wink: :lol: But, I want to build one quickly and like I did pre-internet-no other research or reviews, just put it together and call it good and done!

Clear your decks, Lyle. It's hot as hell and you don't need any extra stress. Just finish that bulldozer and have some iced tea! :grin:
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Time waits for no man...I've heard that somewhere. My problem is I have a lot of stuff that I want to build and quickly get over my head, distracted by something shiny and oh look...over there. I have a few slight obligations (no read deadlines) to the Bullitt Co. History Museum. For giggles, started on the WWI Heavy Battle Tank from Takom. I'll likely start a thread on it soon. It is a nice diversion at this point. I even managed to get a few pieces of PE on it.

But, life is good. Wife and I just celebrated 48 years of marriage. We dated for 5 years before getting married, so a total of 53 years.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

We're right behind you guys. 46 years this past February 19; and we were off and on (pun? kinda. :lol: ) for about four years before we tied that knot. :grin:

You got this, Lyle.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

You'll be ok Lyle. Thinning the stash and shelf of doom might be a good idea for helping your modeling mojo. Some projects do sap your enthusiasm, don't they? And Gary's suggestion of some iced tea sounds like the ticket there in your southern summer weather. Maybe put some lemonade in that tea for a real treat :grin:

Gary, that old Monogram Mosquito builds up beautifully. Its only real flaw is its' age and the limitation of that era with molds. If you leave the bomber nose in place instead of doing the hard gun nose, no surgery is required and it builds up that much more quickly. Hope to see you share it with us here soon! :wink:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Carlos, mojo is there. Just a lot of life. Not all the stalled kits will go. Just the “problem” ones. All these are getting in the way of what I want to do. Pretty much in an okay place. I do appreciate all the ideas.
keavdog
Elite Member

Post by keavdog »

Healthy to turf things out. I went through my stash with a pretty hard eye when I moved and binned or donated quite a few... which, while bored waiting for my house in a tiny apartment, I replaced with brand new awesome kits of great subjects... so I'm back to around the same number :giggles:

I get the heat thing, though no humidity we did hit 117 yesterday. As for life, always stuff going on - my daughter will deliver my second granddaughter today or tomorrow.

Every day above ground... and man, I love a few cocktails - tea wouldn't cut it unless someone spiked it with a little vodka :giggles:
Thanks,
John
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I thinned my builds before moving, but all my stash came along. I do have one in progress that I probably should toss due to damage incurred while on the shelf of someday over the years, but I hate to admit defeat. If I can get another of the same kit as a replacement, I'd toss it...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I hear ya, Lyle. I was forced to discard a lot of car kits from my youth years due to lack of a place in my home. Half of them were pretty dirty with parts missing or broken off. I've been fortunate to acquire a few from my youth years from Brent (handiable) and Dragline. Some were kits I wished I had gotten and some I had but having another go at it.

I'm still looking for more from my early youth and teen years. There's quite a few high on my list but either they're asking stupid money for them or very hard to find:

4x4 Dodge Pickup Camper with motorcycle by MPC is my holy grail looking for one.

Monogram Tom Daniel Design kits

MPC Force 450
MPC Smokey the Convoy Chaser

I've done 3 rigs in my youth years. I wouldn't mind having these again:

Movin' On television show rig
BJ & the Bear television show rig
Rubber Ducky black rig
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
cbaltrin
Master Member

Post by cbaltrin »

LyleW wrote: Fri Jul 21, 2023 7:44 am Really...no kidding. I do drink a lot of water, though.

Just some not so random grumblings.

I'm tired. But, aren't we all?
I am getting grumpier. But, aren't we all?
I just ate breakfast an hour or so ago and I'm hungry.
While not as hot as some areas, we have been in the 90s with 80-100 percent humidity. The dogs love it though. Lots of "salt" to lick.

I think I am going to throw out, bin, trash a large number of the unfinished builds. I need to make a break somewhere in this mess. They are at the point of "I really don't care to finish them" any more. And, I need the space. So, bye, bye.
I hear you Lyle. To many in-work kits sure can be a drag...
Big Joe: 'You just keep those Tigers busy and we'll take care of the rest.'
Oddball: 'The only way I got to keep them Tigers busy is to let them shoot holes in me...'

My Stash https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mat ... 53&p=stash

Return to “Free Discussion”