AT-ST (All Terrain Scout Transport) - Bandai 1/48

Here is the place to show off the progress of your sci-fi builds.
Stikpusher

Re: AT-ST (All Terrain Scout Transport) - Bandai 1/48

Post by Stikpusher »

Those plants look great. What are they made from?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Lasercut cardboard. You can paint them by airbrush or -and that's the manufacturer's recommendation- with alcohol based markers.
http://www.kamizukuri.jp
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Your weathering effects on the kit parts look convincing, cheers, Torben! I am still trying to wrap my admittedly pea-sized brain around the final diorama design. Does the base under the walker fit to the open corner of the base, and what does the carved structure behind it represent, perhaps a ruined wall of an ancient temple? Am I catching an old whiff of napalm from the finale of Apocalypse Now here as well?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

Jeez. Great project!

Dont you want to put an AT-AT beneath it and call the Dio "I AM YOUR FATHER!" ?
"Did you really pay a big amount of money for only half a figure?!"

FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002809527929
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

tigrazor wrote:Jeez. Great project!

:giggles: :rofl: That is hilarious! Bring it man!
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

:P1:

I AM YOUR FATHER!!

Haha! Perfect.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

speedgraflex wrote:Your weathering effects on the kit parts look convincing, cheers, Torben! I am still trying to wrap my admittedly pea-sized brain around the final diorama design. Does the base under the walker fit to the open corner of the base, and what does the carved structure behind it represent, perhaps a ruined wall of an ancient temple? Am I catching an old whiff of napalm from the finale of Apocalypse Now here as well?
By mentioning the asylum of Col. Kurtz you hit a soft spot of mine, Bruce. It's one of my all time fovourite movies. But when I'm going to do a diorama of it in the future, I think I will refere it to the novel "Heart of Darkness" from Joseph Conrad. That'll transfer the plot to the Congo at the end of the 19th century. Much interesting time and space, but it's still a long way to go 'till I'm able to realize such an ambitious project.

I carved and filed at the structure for some time today for the first step to convert in into something like this:

It's a buttress root tree and shall become the inofficial star of the diorama. We'll see what I'm able to force out of the material.
I invested some € for a set of soap stone files for this task.
tigrazor wrote:Jeez. Great project!

:grin: Now that would force me to buy a much bigger frame at IKEA. Not going to happen. :tongue:
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

No one will force you. But maybe you use the force!

:what:
"Did you really pay a big amount of money for only half a figure?!"

FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002809527929
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Ah, yes, that movie... that movie. How they made that movie; the design of the city, Kurtz's compound; the temple; following the path of monomania to become one. I tried to watch the version with Tim Roth, but the shadows of Brando's Kurtz are too wide and deep for me; they cover every ambition totally and utterly. I don't even know how to proceed or process after watching that movie, but I go through periods where it is the only movie I will watch.

Lost City of Z

Breathing the same air to an extent...

Regarding the AT-ST, I was hoping it would be organic, but I could not tell, I thought it could be the wall of a temple the jungle was reclaiming for itself. I like the figure; he/she/it reminds me of Jean Giraud, the great father of Heavy Metal and step father of "The Fifth Element."
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

speedgraflex wrote:
I like the figure; he/she/it reminds me of Jean Giraud, the great father of Heavy Metal and step father of "The Fifth Element.

Now those are two favorites of mine... :hmm:
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Sci-Fi”