Ba 349 Natter 1/48 DML

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
KSaarni
Elite Member

Re: Ba 349 Natter 1/48 DML

Post by KSaarni »

That wood imitation looks fantastic !
Well done!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Excellent results on both the wooden pole and the metal rungs. Quite realistic!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Bravo, M!

:shoutout:
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

That is super clean work. Oil paints are a very forgiving medium to work with. I'm more and more leaning to them instead of all those pre-mixed tinctures by MiG, AK or whoever.
MichelC
Advanced Member

Post by MichelC »

Thank you all for the nice words!

@Mostrich, AK et al are convenient but do nothing that good ol' oil and enamel paints won't do. The trick is to always use them over acrylics (and vice versa) so mistakes can be wiped off without removing the previous work.

M
From ashes to art.
kahunaminor
Advanced Member

Post by kahunaminor »

Great work Michel,

I am late to the party and apologise but a great way to start the morning with a full read over a cup of coffee! The Natter is one of those kits that has always intrigued me but never enough to get one.
Although a fan of convenience, the tried and true “old school” methods often result in a superior finish. I really like the wooden pole and the outcome using oils.

Regards,
Kent in Oz
MichelC
Advanced Member

Post by MichelC »

No apologies needed, I’m glad the thread enlivened your breakfast! As to the old methods vs new, I’m not going to rekindle the debate but let’s just ay that I consider myself to be somewhere in the middle of the 2 extremes.
From ashes to art.
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

:writing: I'm takin' ALL of this in. I've got a project coming up that's going to need the "wood" treatment on barrels and side panels. Will be looking for this information when I'm all set. This is truly looking very good pal.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

When you wrote that your approach was “in-between,” I was very happy! (Not that my happiness is anyone’s concern but mine) however I feel instead of choosing sides, we should be open to try what works best for our work, which is often very specific to the subject itself. Michel, your use of oils is fantastic and like Mustang I will reference your approach in the future!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
MichelC
Advanced Member

Post by MichelC »

Thanks Mustang and Bruce, glad you like the techniques.

Bruce, I agree. Let's keep the outcome in view rather than being partisan for one method or another.

And now let's give back to caesar what belongs to caesar. The oil technique I used as a base was kindly given to me by my good friend and master modeler Christos. His knowledge and skills are only matched by his love for the hobby. If you want a peek at what he does check out the link below. Know that while the vehicles are 3-D printed he does the sculpting of the figure masters himself!

https://www.facebook.com/WARminiatures/?ref=br_rs

BTW, I forgot there are some more wooden part to the laucher so more woodwork coming soon!

M
From ashes to art.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”