Am I missing something?

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stuart
Elite Member

Re: Am I missing something?

Post by Stuart »

:hmm: Do you what - I think I remember those as well. I must have had a few back in the 80's.
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
RexCag
Advanced Member

Post by RexCag »

When I changed over,,,,,,I still had some of the Humbrol tins from when I first bought them.

When they first hit the US market, you could only get them in boxes of 6 colors. Since I bought them in 1969-1972, and they couldn't be bought in Wisconsin when we moved back there,,,,,the tins remaining have to be at least 50 years old (depending on how long they were on the shelf in the Long Beach hobby shop back then)

When I gave away my Enamels during the switch, I checked all of my Enamels,,,,,and those 50 year old Humbrol tins were still good paint.

Humbrol and Imrie-Risley paints were the first two paints I ever had that did everything they claimed they would do. I really miss that sometimes.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Long Beach hobby shop.... my guess would be “The Military Shop”. That was a great one!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
RexCag
Advanced Member

Post by RexCag »

It was even before that one.

We had about 8 shops, just in Long Beach,,,,,,,back in 1969.

This doesn't include the Squadron Shop in the Lakewood Shopping Center. ( the buildings that later became Lakewood Mall, when they built a roof over all of the shops, after I had moved away )

One small hobby shop was a 4 block walk from my Junior High, and I already had to walk 12 blocks home from school. So, 4 extra blocks wasn't a very big deal to me.

Return to “Modeling Discussion”