Renwal 1/25 ‘66 Mercer-Cobra.

Here is the place to show off the progress of your automobile builds
Stikpusher

Re: Renwal 1/25 ‘66 Mercer-Cobra.

Post by Stikpusher »

Well, if you’re making salsa and chicken, you need eloté, not popcorn....

And a huge Whiskey Tango Foxtrot on how Apple spell check changed great to Reta on my last post.

Now I’m looking forward to seeing how this next step of this project turns out.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Milliput Super-fly Attempt

Let it cure, sand it, paint it???! Let it abide.

Last edited by speedgraflex on Sat May 12, 2018 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
mustang1989

Post by mustang1989 »

This looks like as good of an attempt as any and your idea is great in theory. Lemme throw a curve at you here. What if you were to leave the cut outs you have with the milliput in place and grab a thin sheet of clear plastic say from any given clear plastic that usually covers a product in a store. Like this stuff here:

Make the clean cuts you'll need for the grille on that and then graph that in on top of the cut outs you've got going here. You'll have the depth of the holes along with the clean cuts for the grille and all you have to do is clean up the sides where the clear plastic meets the body. Just an idea.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

That is a great idea, Joe!! Thank you so much. I already started to grind the Milliput down and things look really crude at the moment. Marginal. So. I took a painful to look at close up just to share with you, Carlos and whomever else might appear here. I see what I need to carve and redo here before the next moves.

I need advice though — I tried two cutting mats so far—one made by X-Acto and the other sold through Micro-Mark—and I have sliced both once flat surfaces into three dimensional landscapes full of knife cuts and superglue spills.

Any advice on type and size for me to start using would be helpful. Carlos suggested smooth ceramic tile. Maybe?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

On another and dare I write this yes I do on a philosophical note: I find automobile modeling to fire more scratchbuilding ideas and then those ideas burn in, take hold and transform all modeling, as a case in point, I would never completely toss out an aircraft cockpit before watching your work, Joe.

I am following this gentlemen hand form VW fenders from brass!

Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Stikpusher wrote:Well, if you’re making salsa and chicken, you need eloté, not popcorn....

And a huge Whiskey Tango Foxtrot on how Apple spell check changed great to Reta on my last post.

Now I’m looking forward to seeing how this next step of this project turns out.
I didn’t know what eloté was/is, so thank you! Something new to gobble gobble. Spellcheck is a necessary evil. And I hope to pull off a miracle.

TGIF, Carlos!
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Eloté is commonly had from street vendors... dusted with chili powder, drizzled in a Mexican mayo, and sometimes sprinkled with crumbled cheese, it is the most flavorful corn on the cob you are likely to come across...

Your miliput attempt at the exhaust grating got me thinking... strip styrene. Yes it would be a bit tedious, but you could easily lay out that pattern over the basic shape, then sand it to a proper texture and thickness.

TGIF my friend! It’s been awhile since I have had a Friday off... feels good... now if the wind will shift direction I can get some airbrushing done...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

:shoutout:

(the photo you picked needs a shout out)
Last edited by speedgraflex on Sat May 12, 2018 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Stikpusher wrote:Eloté is commonly had from street vendors... dusted with chili powder, drizzled in a Mexican mayo, and sometimes sprinkled with crumbled cheese, it is the most flavorful corn on the cob you are likely to come across...

:whiteflag: Man I need to come to California - they look wonderful - do they do airfreight? :hmm:

Apologies for not checking in sooner Bruce, and what have I missed! That is an awesome looking car! I really like what you're trying to do with that grill. I can see why too, it's a really stand-out feature on the side of the car - it needs to be there.

And as for age of kit (from page 1) - of my three recent completions the Battle is 1968, the Tempest was 1964 and the Defiant was 1960... :lashed:

...Actually the Typhoon I've just primed was 1969 - dang it! - I need to build something from the 70's!
Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

[imghttps://s7.postimg.cc/z3tyzchhn/945_C85_C8-5331-4_A5_A-_B38_D-2389_E12_D6265.jpg[/img]

My girlfriend commandeered my kitchen to make baked goods for her mom. I asked her what kind of chocolate she was using. She said, “Expensive,” in the tone of voice which conveyed so many emotions on so many levels; my instinct for self preservation told me I should vacate the premises for a few hours.

So I took the car body which really looks like a charred bomb fragment, a pen knife and a round file to IHOP for pancakes and a few minutes of clean up. My audience of one, a two year old boy, just left. He high fived me; how cool. And I have not been kicked out yet by some miracle.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX

Return to “Work In Progress: Automobiles”