Eduard BF 110G-2 1/48

Post your work in progress of your aircraft builds in here.
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Eduard BF 110G-2 1/48

Post by scorpiomikey »

This is a tentative start to a new build for me. The turkish phantom was starting to do my head in, so im starting the 110.
Ive started in the same place as Owl did with hers, removing stuff i dont need from the trees. Theres almost a whole nother kit there by itself.

Box art.

Link to the page to check the instruction manual.
http://www.eduard.com/store/Eduard/Bf-1 ... hparam=110

Dont know how im going to go, but well see how i get on.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Re: Eduard BF 110G-2 1/48

Post by scorpiomikey »

Yeah, i got 2, and i traded one with Owl for a couple of other kits.
I watched Owls build with great interest to spot any issues, not too many in the grand scheme, still disappointing considering its eduard though.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Sounds like, as long as im careful i should be ok. I sort of know what to expect now.
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Good choice, scorpiomikey!

Eduard revised the kit after release of the C and D versions. Fit of the engine nacelles should be better now.
Have my C-4 in the painting stage atm. Will follow your build and try to give advice when needed.

You'll definitely have fun with it!
When the sun of culture hangs low even dwarfs throw shadows.
nathant
Advanced Member

Post by nathant »

The two spots puttied in the underside shot in Jimmy's pic are natural panel lines for the flaps, and are supposed to be there. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though. Doesn't mean there should be gaps, but still leave a natural seam line. These are older releases by Eduard, before they concentrated on better fitting kits.
nathant
Advanced Member

Post by nathant »

Gotcha. Did you finish that kit? I too have an Eduard 110D in progress, but sort of shelved right now while I build jets.

Return to “Aircraft Work in Progress”