Bandai 1/72 A wing

Here is the place to show off the progress of your sci-fi builds.
Corel

Bandai 1/72 A wing

Post by Corel »

Hello everyone! here is my latest work. It is not finished yet, but only fwe steps left. I'll show you the method stpe by step, day by day. I hope you like it.

I think this is the most beautiful kit I ever met. Great deatails, fast and sharp build.

Made it for the MosonShow, but I got a jury call in the sci-fi master category, so I left it, because I made this little beauty for that category.

Hardly finished at this time. I'll put pictures day by day.
I hope you like it.

The cockpit. I love the Bandai, but I'm very unlucky with the canopy ... It's broken. Crap ...

I made a few home made upgrades in the cockpit. Joystick, the seat and seat belts.
" ... do or do not. There is no try"
Stikpusher

Re: Bandai 1/72 A wing

Post by Stikpusher »

:hmm: I know somebody on here who is going to really like this one...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Corel

Post by Corel »

Stikpusher wrote::hmm: I know somebody on here who is going to really like this one...
Do not hasitate! Just call her/him ... :D
Corel

Post by Corel »

phase two

i'm not lucky with the canopy. It's broken, and one of the most important part lost ... So I had to fix it. I used milliput, but I'm not talented. :(

And here is the idea. Waiting for repair in the hangar bay. It's a styrene sheet, on a wood stand.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Corel wrote:
Stikpusher wrote::hmm: I know somebody on here who is going to really like this one...
Do not hasitate! Just call her/him ... :D
You got it!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hey Corel,

Stik means me! I am so excited to see your work on the A Wing. I admire the design by Ralph McQuarrie:

courtesy RMcQ / Star Wars Corp.

Your canopy repair looks good. Good idea to show the A Wing in a hangar. Are you thinking to make this Yavin 4??

courtesy Lucasfilm LTD.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Corel

Post by Corel »

Hello Bruce! Godd to see your post!

Actually, the canopy dose not repaird yet.

I will make the McQuarrie's A wing once upon a time. The "hangar" means the floor. :D Nothing fancy. Just the floor, like that:

This will be hangar floor. A styrene sheet, the lines are drawn by pen. Scratched with Tamiya scriber. Primed with Vallejo primer.

Preshading

Fist step done. Litle fading and going to the weathering stage.
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

Hey Corel,

Apologies for the mistake about the canopy repair. I was checking my iPhone 5c when I first saw your post, which is not ideal view to see the details. What happened to the canopy? Was it damaged in shipping? You mentioned that you don't have much luck with Ban Dai. I was planning to get this particular kit when it first came out, maybe create a dio like this with a group of them on the assembly line:

courtesy: Disney/Lucasfilm LTD.

Your base looks good so far. Weathering in the Star Wars universe is always fun. You get to go very dirty, oily and used with all the surfaces!! What will you be using for weathering?
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Corel

Post by Corel »

Hello Bruce!

Sorry. Maybe I made a mistake. My english are not fluent. :)

The canopy: It's cracked, when I cut down, and broken when I drop it ... :( You see the broken area at the second pictures.
Bandai: They are the best, but I always fight with the clear parts. You know I'm noob. :D The best models what I ever made. Easy to build, they are sharp, and better than Fine Molds.

Yes I'll make a heavy weathering on the hangar floor, and the A wing too.

The factory idea is great! Love it!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Now I have seen several of the Fine Molds Star Wars kits, and they are beautiful. If the Bandai kits are better they must be quite impressive.

FLSM

Return to “Work In Progress: Sci-Fi”