TwoBobs decals

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

TwoBobs decals

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Has anyone had any issues or experience using TwoBob decals? I was looking in their website and saw 3 decal sets (so far :giggles: ) that I’m interested in getting.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
RexCag
Advanced Member

Re: TwoBobs decals

Post by RexCag »

they are printed by Microscale (see first sheet in 1/32 section of his website)

I had no problem at all with the 1/72 EF-4C sheet that I used.

But, since they are Microscale and I use the complete Microscale system,,,,,I didn't expect any problems, either.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I have several of their sheets...but I don’t think that I’ve used any of them yet...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Cool!

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Some of the Modelcollect kits have TwoBobs decals inside. They're pretty good from what I've seen and heard.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Great decals. Get them while you can though, he tends to sell out of some pretty quick.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Medicman71 wrote:Great decals. Get them while you can though, he tends to sell out of some pretty quick.
Great advice. And yes they do tend to sell out. I think that speaks volumes as to their quality. If they weren’t any good, there would be lots of them on clearance after their initial appearance.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Tell me about it. I saw one set that's sold out I really wanted. I even sent them an email hoping they will reprint or reissue them. Hopefully my plea/argument pays off. Methnks it's gonna be a fast, hard, I'm sorry - No. At least I tried. Doesn't hurt to ask.

However, I've narrowed down to one, possibly two different sets.

Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Yeah, I can kick myself for how many sets that I passed up at The Military Shop in Long Beach. They always had a good stock there of the line. Then the shop owner retired and left the state and when I look online to get some of those sets, the ebay sellers who have them usually charge outrageous prices.
Lesson learned, grab them when you see them and have the money on hand.

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

This is the decal set I really want and hoping they will reprint or reissue again.

If not, I think I can replicate it by decal bashing using AM decal set of George Preddy's Mustang. The tail bar is going to the bigger challenge. Not sure if they have Virginia Air Base AM decals sets or not.

Return to “Modeling Discussion”