Best band you've seen live?

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Floki
Elite Member

Best band you've seen live?

Post by Floki »

So to kinda start this off, I love going to concerts I really miss the Ozzfest and Mayhem tours seen a lot of great bands at them some who are no longer with us. So the band Avenged Sevenfold every time they come to Indiana we go see them. Well last year we had are tickets and the singer ended up getting some bad infection while they was in Europe and cancelled the rest of the tour. Only went to one show last year took the girls to see Blessthefall and Black veil brides. Been really wanting to go to another show and the other day my wife said she had a surprise. She said she got us tickets for Slayers final tour, I'll be honest not the biggest fan but I was still excited then she said they are with 3 other bands, so I asked her who was opening.... Cannibal corpse again not my favorite but still should be good never seen them live.. when I asked her who else she said your gonna love this they are also with Lamb of God, They are just brutal live and one of my favorite bands. So for me what could be better also with them will be Amon Amarth a Viking metal band one of my all time favorite bands but never have had the chance to see them live. Needles to say I'm so excited for this. So yeah what is the best concert you have seen live, for me it was seeing Iron Maiden at Ozzfest 2005 that was the best live performance I've ever seen.
we got seats this time it's probably a good thing I'm getting to old for the pit and Lamb of God is always brutal.

March as one, Don't look back
Odin's sons... Attack!
Unleash hell! Do not repent! Warfare grants us no lament
Let your weapons slash and tear This is no place for fear
Hold the lines! Move as one! In unity our victory's won
Our shields will form a mighty wall
United we shall never fall
LyleW
Admin

Re: Best band you've seen live?

Post by LyleW »

Beach Boys before Dennis died.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Fermis
Addicted Member

Post by Fermis »

LyleW wrote:Beach Boys before Dennis died.
First concert I ever went to! It was at some race track/speedway in Cali. I was...hmmm...7?
I may be a metalhead, but I sure dig the oldies! One of my favorite concerts was the "Oldies, Good Time Summer Jam". Back around '95 in KC. The Buckinghams, Gary Pucket, The Turtles, and a few others....good times!

Floki...I've seen Slayer a few times. I never really cared for them. Fortunately, they were the headliners, I was there for the others (Testament, Megadeth)...a few songs is enough for me. Scoot on out and beat the traffic! LoG, also a couple times. Not a huge fan, but dude can PLAY, and I can certainly appreciate that! Amon Amarth...great music...but don't care for the vocals. Finally saw A7X last year...I was a bit let down. I love their music, but they just looked very bored...must have just been "one of those nights".
As far as the "best" show....I'd have to give it to Iron Maiden.
"Honerable mentions"...Sabaton, Helloween, Metal Church (got to meet all those guys after their shows!). Volbeat is great show as well.
Testament has always ranked high with me too. My band got to open for them in Detroit, several years ago.
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Fermis wrote:
First concert I ever went to! It was at some race track/speedway in Cali. I was...hmmm...7?
I may be a metalhead, but I sure dig the oldies! One of my favorite concerts was the "Oldies, Good Time Summer Jam". Back around '95 in KC. The Buckinghams, Gary Pucket, The Turtles, and a few others....good times!

Floki...I've seen Slayer a few times. I never really cared for them. Fortunately, they were the headliners, I was there for the others (Testament, Megadeth)...a few songs is enough for me. Scoot on out and beat the traffic! LoG, also a couple times. Not a huge fan, but dude can PLAY, and I can certainly appreciate that! Amon Amarth...great music...but don't care for the vocals. Finally saw A7X last year...I was a bit let down. I love their music, but they just looked very bored...must have just been "one of those nights".
As far as the "best" show....I'd have to give it to Iron Maiden.
"Honerable mentions"...Sabaton, Helloween, Metal Church (got to meet all those guys after their shows!). Volbeat is great show as well.
Testament has always ranked high with me too. My band got to open for them in Detroit, several years ago.
last time I seen A7X was two years ago with Breaking Benjamin and Bullet for my Valentine it was a great show, first concert the girls went to as well. Megadeth is on my want to see list. Volbeat puts on a really good show as well. I like my classics' as well grew up listening to Zeplin and CCR with my dad to bad I'll never get to see them live. My dad told me once that if you have a chance to see a band you better go you'll never know if you'll get another chance. I seen the original line up of Drowning pool and that night he OD, seen Static X before he died, seen the original line up of Slipknot three times and Mudvayne before the broke up.
That's awsome that you got to open up for Testament, mind me asking what your setup is? I've gotten rid of a lot of my stuff and I'm down to my Orange stack and my schecter hellraiser c-1 that I blocked the FR so I can switch between D and DdropC easier.
Odin's sons... Attack!
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Wow...I am so old! Never heard if many of these! A goog fried from my days at GE Appliances was upfront at Woodstock. As an aside, his dad was Gen. Phil Arderey, a B-24 pilot in Europe. Wrote a book called “Bomber Pilot”. If you can find it, not a bad read.

I think most music is better in a live setting. So much energy!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I’ve seen a few big name bands over the years: Berlin, Greg Khin, Men At Work, Beach Boys, Iron Maiden, The Who (with Billy Idol and Gary Glitter for the Quadrophenia tour), Dokken, ZZ Top... a few others I can’t recall off the top of my head... but hands down, the best show that I saw put on was by the Scorpions.... Wierd Al was lots of fun to see too....
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
speedgraflex

Post by speedgraflex »

I am following the discussion but my contribution is gonna be minimal at least if the metric is for metal. A lot of musicians really have a thing about playing the Troubadour out here. My buddy was asked to play there as a solo artist on the undercard. It was me (I guess I was the Roadie), his wife (I guess she was the Manager) and my buddy. I thought it was gonna be a disaster and had already parked my car close by in case we had to leave quickly, but his show went smoothly with just my buddy sitting onstage with his guitar and about fifty or so complete strangers in the audience. He didn’t want to advertise. I knew it was all good when he started to play his first song and everyone moved forward closer to the stage. It was just... magic. When he finished, my buddy said over the mic to his audience: “That was for you.” Then we went to buy beer.
Bruce / SPEEDGRAFLEX
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

Stikpusher wrote:I’ve seen a few big name bands over the years: Berlin, Greg Khin, Men At Work, Beach Boys, Iron Maiden, The Who (with Billy Idol and Gary Glitter for the Quadrophenia tour), Dokken, ZZ Top... a few others I can’t recall off the top of my head... but hands down, the best show that I saw put on was by the Scorpions.... Wierd Al was lots of fun to see too....
Some big names indeed Billy Idol and ZZ top both on my want to see list as well. For comedians got to see Rodney Carrington last year that was a lot of fun.
Odin's sons... Attack!
Floki
Elite Member

Post by Floki »

speedgraflex wrote:I am following the discussion but my contribution is gonna be minimal at least if the metric is for metal. A lot of musicians really have a thing about playing the Troubadour out here. My buddy was asked to play there as a solo artist on the undercard. It was me (I guess I was the Roadie), his wife (I guess she was the Manager) and my buddy. I thought it was gonna be a disaster and had already parked my car close by in case we had to leave quickly, but his show went smoothly with just my buddy sitting onstage with his guitar and about fifty or so complete strangers in the audience. He didn’t want to advertise. I knew it was all good when he started to play his first song and everyone moved forward closer to the stage. It was just... magic. When he finished, my buddy said over the mic to his audience: “That was for you.” Then we went to buy beer.

Don't have to be just Metal, but the best live show you've seen. I listen to a bit of everything from big band, Some jazz, country, grunge, punk, everything except for rap, but mostly it's metal for me. That sounds like a dream come for your buddy.
Odin's sons... Attack!
KSaarni
Elite Member

Post by KSaarni »

Floki wrote:
Stikpusher wrote:I’ve seen a few big name bands over the years: Berlin, Greg Khin, Men At Work, Beach Boys, Iron Maiden, The Who (with Billy Idol and Gary Glitter for the Quadrophenia tour), Dokken, ZZ Top... a few others I can’t recall off the top of my head... but hands down, the best show that I saw put on was by the Scorpions.... Wierd Al was lots of fun to see too....
Some big names indeed Billy Idol and ZZ top both on my want to see list as well. For comedians got to see Rodney Carrington last year that was a lot of fun.
Wouh, Billy Idol, I was not aware of him that he is still active !
I was a big fan of his music in the 80's, The Rebel Yell years!

- Kari
---
On the bench:
Tamiya F-4B Phantom II 1/48
Kinetic F-16A (new tool) 1/48

https://www.facebook.com/GrundAsk-Scale ... 721218708/

Return to “Free Discussion”