45th anniversary landing on the moon!

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Thomas_M
Admin

45th anniversary landing on the moon!

Post by Thomas_M »

45 years ago, three men made history: Neil Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin and Michael Collins!

I was seven years old then when my did awakened me in the night to see tow of them land on the moon. An experience I never forgot and that I am still fascinated of.

Let´s remember this great achievement of mankind, especially with all this crap going on these days...
LyleW
Admin

Re: 45th anniversary landing on the moon!

Post by LyleW »

You do know it was all fake, don't you?

That took some serious guts to sign up for that one! Way to go gentlemen.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

LyleW wrote:You do know it was all fake, don't you?

That took some serious guts to sign up for that one! Way to go gentlemen.
:o It wasn't fake! Didn't you see Transformers: Dark of the Moon?
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I'm getting back under my tin foil awning. You guys are nuts.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
tigrazor
Addicted Member

Post by tigrazor »

Medicman71 wrote: :o It wasn't fake! Didn't you see Transformers: Dark of the Moon?

I even listened (and still listen from time to time) to Pink Floyds "Dark Side Of The Moon". ;)

AND.... a propos "Moon" - You dont have to be a SciFi-Fanatic or something to watch the following movie. Low budget (5 Mio USD) and NO - I repeat NO CGI at all. Yes, thats right - all effects are real models done by modellers. Even cooler than the "usual" stuff with a brilliant story. BTW - I LOVE Sam Rockwell. In a methaphorical sense. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twuScTcDP_Q
"Did you really pay a big amount of money for only half a figure?!"

FB: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002809527929
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

Have a look at the HBO series "From the Earth to the Moon". Another fabulous bit of their work, again with Tom Hanks producing. It gives a great coverage of the Apollo program. With a bit of Gemini and Mercury as well. Growing up here in the shadow of the space program, I have always loved anything and everything related to those monumental achievements. Oh to have such a thing again! Truly mankinds greatest hour yet!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

" We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too." (Kennedy 1961)

Now that is leadership setting some clear goals and challenging everybody to do their best. And it worked!
ImageImageImageImageImage
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Yes, it did. And, with amazing results. A shame we don't have some today.
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

tigrazor wrote: AND.... a propos "Moon" - You dont have to be a SciFi-Fanatic or something to watch the following movie. Low budget (5 Mio USD) and NO - I repeat NO CGI at all. Yes, thats right - all effects are real models done by modellers. Even cooler than the "usual" stuff with a brilliant story. BTW - I LOVE Sam Rockwell. In a methaphorical sense. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twuScTcDP_Q
I am this curious to see this one! Checking iTunes immediately!
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

LyleW wrote:Yes, it did. And, with amazing results. A shame we don't have some today.
Yes indeed. It may be government funded "make work" from one perspective, but it produced serious scientific and industrial research, development, and innovation. Far more than any infrastructure job stimulus programs today. No offense to the highway engineers and workers, but aerospace requires a wider assortment of worker skills.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM

Return to “Free Discussion”