Movietime...

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stikpusher

Movietime...

Post by Stikpusher »

Well since I have a few weeks off of work, the wife and I have taken in some movies over the past couple of nites at the local discount cinema (I dont feel so bad if the movie is just ok for their asking price). Saw "Godzilla" on Sunday evening, and last nite saw "Edge of Tomorrow". "Godzilla" was ok, with some of the original points and some new twists added. But "Edge of Tomorrow" had me totally enthralled. I gotta admit that I really liked that one more than I expected to...
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Re: Movietime...

Post by scorpiomikey »

I saw a "good" one last weekend. P-51 Dragon Hunter. You can probably guess from the name how terrible it was.

Edge of tomorrow, was that the one that's just come out? With Nutjob McCouchyjumper in it? TOM CRUISE! sorry couldnt think of his name lol.
I want to see that, but i was disappointed at their choice of lead actor for that one.
Im waiting for it to come on dvd. HOWEVER, This weekend me, my partner and my cousin are going to Guardians of the Galaxy. I havent heard a bad word said about it yet. So im looking forward to it.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

The only movie I saw this year was Planes 2, in its category a good movie. Visuals where great, story was not so good, they basically rehased Cars and Planes but this time with fire fighters instead of racing......

Best scene was the first fire fight, all to the sweet notes of AC/DC Thunderstruck, great stuff.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Thomas_M
Admin

Post by Thomas_M »

Planes 2 is out? Well, only some more 6 months to have it in the theatres here in Germany... :(
BorgR3mc0
Elite Member

Post by BorgR3mc0 »

Thomas_M wrote:Planes 2 is out? Well, only some more 6 months to have it in the theatres here in Germany... :(
Why is that? Not because of synching, there is an orginal and a Dutch version in the Dutch cinema's.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

I know that Mr Cruise has some bizarre antics off screen (as many Hollywood celebreties do- most are in the local press for one mishap or another for far worse reasons), but I really gotta say that I like most of his on screen work. And if you are a sci fi fan, EOT is really one I think that you will enjoy. A little bit of "Matrix", a little bit of "Starship Troopers" or "Aliens" (it's even got Bill Paxton!), throw in a tad bit of "Saving Private Ryan" and a healthy bit of "Groundhog Day" and you see the mish mash formula. Some humor, charecter development, and actual thinking is involved here for a change.

I went into "Godzilla" wanting to like it and left feeling kinda "eh...", but this movie entertained me on more than one level, and for more than just the time spent viewing.
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I wait for movies to come out on DVD. WAY too expensive to see in the theater.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
scorpiomikey
Addicted Member

Post by scorpiomikey »

Went to Guardians of the Galaxy saturday night. Fantastic, and cheap. The whole night for 3 of us, including a light meal (admittedly i could snap my cousin with my little finger shes so tiny) cost $114 which i didnt think was too bad. The local theater up the road has $10 tickets.
You can learn all the math in the 'Verse, but you take a boat in the air that you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

There is a movie theater nearby that gets the films after the full price ones stop carrying them. Only $3 a ticket at that place. Thats where I see the majority of movies.

FLSM
Duke Maddog
Elite Member

Post by Duke Maddog »

Last night my wife and I went to see "How to Train Your Dragon II". I was very impressed. I even caught myself looking at these characters as if they were real people sometimes. Very well done and in this case, I'd say the sequel is at least as good, if not better, than the original. I am definitely going to buy this one to go with the original we have.
The Duke
Virtuoso of Miniatures

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with 'till you understand who's in ruttin' command!"
-Jayne Cobb, Firefly Episode 2 "The Train Job"

We are modelers - the same in spirit, in hunger to insanely buy newly released kits, hustlers in hiding our stash from our better halves and experts in using garbage as replacements for after-market parts.

Return to “Free Discussion”