Just got a double decker crap sandwich!

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
LyleW
Admin

Just got a double decker crap sandwich!

Post by LyleW »

I went down to change the furnace filter. I'm used to there being a bit of water on the floor when that happens. This time almost the entire room was wet. I've vacuumed up 3 gallons or so already. Makes me wonder if the water heater has developed a leak. Now the furnace room/storage room will have to be emptied and cleaned. I'll be here all day, so feel free to stop by and sop around some!
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Paul
Addicted Member

Re: Just got a double decker crap sandwich!

Post by Paul »

swim bruddah swim
Adam
Advanced Member

Post by Adam »

Ack! I feel your pain! August 1st we were having the roof on our living room done. The roofers had gotten so far as to remove all of the old roof when a thunderstorm popped up and dumped about an inch of rain. Well the morons didn't even bother to try and tarp the roof and let water pour in our living room. So much so that it was running like a waterfall down the stairs into the basement. :shock: So much water got in that dry wall started falling from the ceiling. Smashed our 60 inch tv, entertainment center and a few other pieces of furniture. :o So then all of the insulation and drywall on the ceiling had to be taken out. So did all of the carpet and padding. Basically the only thing we don't have to replace is the walls. So here we are two weeks later with a completely gutted living room, waiting on the insurance check to come so we can get our house back! The drywallers are supposed to show up some time this week.....

Nothing like a forced renovation to get you going!
Last edited by Adam on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's up to you how much money you want to spend and how many new words you want to create "correcting" something.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Adam, that is far worse than my problem! Sorry to hear that. Hope this doesn't go on too long.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Paul, aint that deep....for which i'm grateful. Where ever it is coming from, it went away from the laminate flooring!.
Adam
Advanced Member

Post by Adam »

Well I hope it's something simple. Is it maybe condensation from the air conditioning?
It's up to you how much money you want to spend and how many new words you want to create "correcting" something.
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

Adam wrote:Well I hope it's something simple. Is it maybe condensation from the air conditioning?
That is what I'm hoping. the filter was hopelessly clogged and starting to collapse. it has done this before, but never this amount of water. It is a new unit and the first time this one has done this.
Handiabled
Master Member

Post by Handiabled »

A clogged filter can make the a/c coil freeze up and then drip over the edge of the drip pan,,, had a dirty a-coil in this place, the subsequent unfound moisture cost us a furnace, half a wall and a floor in a bathroom, Adam hope your water probs are cleared up,,, that sucks......
LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

I think I got lucky. floor that I can see is dry this morning. However, still need to empty the room at some point..
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Sorry to hear that Lyle. That really does suck.

Adam, I hope you kicked some roofers butt!!
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault

Return to “Free Discussion”