Woohoo - I've moved! Finally!!!

Talk about what ever, NO Politics, NO Religion, NO B.S.
Stuart
Elite Member

Woohoo - I've moved! Finally!!!

Post by Stuart »

So as I've been talking about if for well over a year, I probably should mention that I finally managed to move last month. Having accepted an offer on our house back in April, we finally sold and moved out to the new house on the 1st of November.

We went from the land-locked south-east of England near London to the north coat of Wales, in a strip of land between the mountains and the Sea. We've moved to a village called Old Colwyn in the county of Conwy - {url]https://www.google.com/maps/place/Old+C ... d-3.699039[/url]

We've got a nice old house built in 1935 - so far it's been great although we have had to upgrade the heating system. If you squint out of the back window you can just about see the sea.

This is my village beach - about five minutes walk away from my house.

And these are my local mountains - about 1/2 hour drive away.

Stuart Templeton 'I may not be good but I'm slow...'

My blog: https://stuartsscalemodels.blogspot.com/
LyleW
Admin

Re: Woohoo - I've moved! Finally!!!

Post by LyleW »

Lovely! My maternal grandparents were from Wales.

A man was sitting in a bar and these two somewhat stout ladies came and sat at the bar. As they talked back and forth, rhe man noticed their accent and asked, “Are you two ladies from England?”

They angrily replied, “Wales. It is Wales, you fool!”

“Okay”. He said. “Are you two whales from England?”

He should be released from the hospital in a few weeks.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Gary Brantley
Addicted Member

Post by Gary Brantley »

Wow, lovely home Stuart! And such scenery, right at hand too! It looks as though you've made a great move. :shoutout:
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

We also have lots of nice castles and historic stuff nearby...

and lovely coastlines...

and because this is a tourist area, lots of nice Cafes and tearoom etc. I'm going to have to do a lot more walking!

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

LyleW wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:48 am Lovely! My maternal grandparents were from Wales.

A man was sitting in a bar and these two somewhat stout ladies came and sat at the bar. As they talked back and forth, rhe man noticed their accent and asked, “Are you two ladies from England?”

LOL! Good one Lyle!

That's cool to know, my Wife's family came from Wales too.
Gary Brantley wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:51 am Wow, lovely home Stuart! And such scenery, right at hand too! It looks as though you've made a great move. :shoutout:
Thanks Gary - we're pretty happy here. one of the best things about the place is how chilled out everyone is - the sea air must be good.

Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Another good thing is I have at least four Local Hobby Shops within 1/2 hours drive.

I actually have one in my village about 3 minutes walk away - it's actually a 2nd hand railway model shop but they do sell a few kits, Humbrol Paints, Glues etc and some old Ref books - I picked up an Airfix D0.17 the last time I was in there and when I walked past it yesterday it had some Arma and RS kits in the window - so they need checking out.

We also have a proper model shop, about 15 mins drive away which is cool, and two wargaming shops - man the hobby supplies those two shops have is awesome - one of them sell over 1500 shades of paint! I need to have a proper visit to the model shop though as they have a lot of stuff in there - AM, Plasticard, albion alloys, all sorts of stuff.

I also have a new office set up with space for my modelling - I picked up a new drawer unit to keep my suppliers in as well.

I haven't sorted out where to put my airbrush yet, but that'll come.

LyleW
Admin

Post by LyleW »

What a great place! Quite envious of the scenery, too! Your new set up looks spot on as well.
To make each build less crappy than the last one. Or, put another way, "Better than the last one, not as good as the next one!"..
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Thanks Lyle!

Man I'm really happy to be here - it's the sort of place we used to go to on Holiday (vacation) - it's not really sunk in yet that we actually live here. It has a real oldie world feeling about it, walking down the main street of our village is like going back to the 1970's.

BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

LyleW wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:48 am

ROFLMAO ! Hey now... that's better than the pirate joke.
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stuart
Elite Member

Post by Stuart »

Oh God, don't remind him of the Pirate Joke! There's a reason I haven't brought Airfix's 1/48 kit yet!!!!

Return to “Free Discussion”