TwoBobs decals

Talk about anything modeling: kits, tools, paint, etc...
Stikpusher

Re: TwoBobs decals

Post by Stikpusher »

I remember that one. No luck finding it anywhere? Or just whoever has it is charging too much?
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

I did manage to find the set... in the U.K. for $47 USD with s & h (8.99 euro, plus 31.49 euro for s & h) at aviationmegastore website :bored: Still deciding whether or not to proceed in buying it.... :bag:

Unless someone in the U.K. is willing to buy and ship to me cheaper. I'll foot the cost....
“Who controls the skies, controls the fate of this Earth”

Author unknown- 352nd Fighter Group, Blue-Nosed Bastards of Bodney

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Stikpusher

Post by Stikpusher »

The cost of the decals is good, but the shipping and handling charge is put gougingbfor something that fits in an envelope. I’ve bought decals from Europe for less. More on the cost, but far lower in s&h.
Keep hunting Blacksheep! You’ll turn up something!
"Surely I have made my meaning plain? I intend to avenge myself upon you, Admiral. I have deprived your ship of power, and when I swing 'round, I intend to deprive you of your life."

FLSM
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

Thanks stik. I'm still hunting around though. Thank God for a simple Euro to USD currency converter... It comes in handy.

For some reason aviation megastore charges high for s & h fees compared to blackbird models website also in Europe. I found another decal set there I'm definitely looking to buy. It'll cost me less than $20 with shipping through them. Go figure....

“Send one plane it’s a sortie; send two planes it’s a flight; send four planes it’s a test of airpower. - Richard Kohn
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

Any of the special schemes that he does are the ones that really sells out quick. I too have missed out on quite a few sets that I've really wanted.

On that note, another great decal maker is Caracal Decals. He does a lot of "special schemes" and stuff that no one else thinks about.

http://www.caracalmodels.com/
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
RexCag
Advanced Member

Post by RexCag »

I am a big fan of Kursad's stuff over at Caracal.

Since he ships free to the the US, I don't have to wait until I have a bunch of sheets that I want,,,,I just order them whenever he releases them,,,or in batches of two sheets when I find I want some.
Medicman71
Elite Member

Post by Medicman71 »

I was hoping that he'd release a KC-135E set before I finished mine but he never did. I do have a set for the Texas ANG Anniversary scheme.
Mike

Sponsored by Boeing, Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, Saab, BAE, and Dassault
mostrich
Admin

Post by mostrich »

Found it here in Germany. Great shop, it's a family business (father and son).
Shipping is cheap within EU, maybe you can get a fair deal to the US.

https://www.aero-spezial-modellbauversa ... :3453.html
BlackSheep214
Elite Member

Post by BlackSheep214 »

mostrich wrote:Found it here in Germany. Great shop, it's a family business (father and son).
Shipping is cheap within EU, maybe you can get a fair deal to the US.

https://www.aero-spezial-modellbauversa ... :3453.html

Wow... that is a whole lot cheaper than the one I found in the U.K. Even better, it includes both for 1/48 and /32 scale. Thanks for the link!

Return to “Modeling Discussion”